Sous Chef (Ukunda-Diani)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type:
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
To ensure effective and efficient management and delivery of all Food operations provided by hotel, with the aim that they provide the highest level of customer service, are cost effective, meet budgeted targets.
- To ensure that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure all the paper work done (in and out register, duty roster, wastage list, breakage list, kitchen day to day operation requirement from store)
- Ensure breakfast setup is as per the menu, taking into account the occupancy.
- To ensure that all mis-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- To ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate or passed correctly garnished the correct portion and size
- To ensure that the kitchen kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To deputies in the executive chef's absence and take charge of the kitchen when directed to do so.
- To attend training courses and seminars as and when required.
- Maintenance of hygiene, health and safety
- Maintaining consistency of all food policies within his kitchen
- To supervise his employee to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of his department
- To ensure that the department cost are strictly controlled.
- To attend daily operation meetings department heads meeting and other meeting in the chefs all sense
- Together with the Chef in Charge he schedules working hours of all his kitchen staff, taking into consideration volumes of business but being careful at all times to conserve labour cost.
- He is aware of the importance of quality of food and hence makes every effort to prepare the best products possible. He is efficient and at all times assumes pleasant and helpful attitude towards his supervisors and follows employees.
- He constantly strives to give excellent and friendly service. He is always well groomed and neatly dressed in the prescribed uniform. He never frequents the kitchen areas either on or off duty unless he is in the proper uniform.
- Culinary course-certificate or diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a busy 3 to 4 star hotel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to interact with guest
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)