Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Jobs in the restaurant industry demand long hours, high energy and attention to detail. Basic maintenance and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area is the responsibility of the steward, who works under the supervision of the restaurant manager.
- In the restaurant steward keeps a low profile but carries out essential tasks as their part of the team.
- The steward cleans up spills and removes any broken glass, keeping the public areas safe and free of obstructions.Ensure washrooms are clean.
- Wait staff may need assistance with moving tables and chairs, setting up highchairs for infants or assisting the disabled.
- In the kitchen, a steward keeps equipment clean, sanitary and also ensure the sinks are always empty.
- During a single shift, the steward may be responsible for cleaning dishes, utensils and the cooking equipment.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 6 monthsRequired skills
: Cleaning; Hygiene standards (food production); Food and beverage; Kitchen management; Quality control and supervision; Cooking, food preparation; Supply and inventory management (restaurant)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)