Under the direct supervision of the Director, Programme Development and Commercialisation, the Stewardship Manager is responsible for formulation and implementation of post permit biosafety compliance and advising management on the genetics, breeding, and seed systems components of projects and their impact on delivery of products emanating and general stewardships issues.
1. To develop and drive the implementation of Quality Management Systems for conventional and transgenic crops.
2. To design appropriate product stewardship strategies and plans to guide deployment of AATF products to farmers in target countries.
3. To ensure timely engagement of, foster transparency and best practices among, and provide stewardship support for partners’ institutions in target countries.
4. To conduct product stewardship visits and audits with project partners and compile reports for circulation among project teams.
5. To ensure that AATF projects meet the audit criteria and methods that conform to Excellence Through Stewardship’s (ETS) Objectives, Principles and Management Practices.
6. To track stewardship targets against work plans, manage information and data related to product stewardship and consistently seek to increase technical knowledge about stewardship through interaction with the AATF technical team.
7. To actively investigate new stewardship approaches, technologies and processes that will enhance the efficiency of product deployment.
8. To develop, revise, implement and maintain standard operating procedures for stewardship including product traceability, resistance management, incident-response, plant product integrity, product discontinuation and product withdrawal.
9. To develop product user-guidelines and other documentation, and build capacity of stakeholders for optimal utilization of the products from AATF projects.
10. Provide information on all principles for the responsible handling of products, combined with specific instructions for use for partners and target beneficiaries of products.
11. Provide communication, training, and data analysis support for product stewardship
12. Work in multi-functional teams to create robust product stewardship reviews according to product stewardship principles
13. Facilitate, coordinate and implement process for product stewardship reviews for products
14. Ensure that requirements associated with changes to products are accounted for in stewardship processes.
15. Collaborate with stakeholders to establish standardized procedures and respond to business product stewardship needs.
16. Create commercial product stewardship support materials
17. Track action items to closure and report on those metrics periodically.
18. Advise on product stewardship issues including product misuse, potentially adverse effects, and potential environmental impacts.