Job verified by Fuzu
Living Goods | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Strategic Partnerships Manager
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Business, strategic management
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
We are recruiting for several new senior Partnership Management roles to join our growing Community Health Strenthening team (CHST) in identifying, developing and managing partnerships in new and existing countries. This role involves a range of activities including cultivating new opportunities aligned with government priorities, building relationships with potential implementing partners including technology providers and designing Living Goods’ interventions in new countries. You will lay the groundwork for Living Goods to support community health systems strengthening in new countries, and will typically oversee a handover to our start-up operations team and in some cases, help with the start-up of new country operations. This is a flexible, exciting role and one that is squarely positioned both at the heart of Living Goods’ strategy, and at the leading edge of our drive towards transformative change. As Living Goods is growing rapidly, this role will continue to evolve and we are open to shaping roles to fit people’s strengths and interests.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, results-focused professional with vision and entrepreneurial spirit. This is a full-time role, based in either Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda. You will be part of the Community Health Strengthen Team, but will also have a dotted line to the Country Director for any work based in our current countries, and can expect up to 50% travel.
• Identify and target new opportunities to work with Governments and other implementing partners including mHealth service providers.
• Develop and maintain a strong network, of NGOs and Governments, to build a pipeline of opportunities.
• Conduct research on potential opportunities to expand operations or provide technical assistance to the public sector or other implementing partners.
• Manage and prioritise the pipeline of opportunities.
• Develop and manage opportunities for Living Goods to expand operations in existing countries through new partners and into new countries.
• Ensure engagement and support for new opportunities through the management of internal and external stakeholders.
• Carry out in-country scoping trips.
• Undertake program design and budgeting work in conjunction with operations teams.
• Where relevant, lead the initial set-up of operations or structures to deliver technical assistance in existing and new countries or successfully transition to a set up team or Operations team.
• Collaborate with Living Goods’ Business Development team to support the preparation of bids and proposals in response to Government, Foundation or other Donor solicitations that support the strategic partnerships objectives
• Work with the Advocacy team to further any partnership opportunities or build relationships with relevant organisations.
• Remain up to date on trends and developments in community health, health financing and mHealth solutions; innovations in community health work and work closely with business development teams to understand bilateral funding opportunities (i.e.USAID, DFID).
• Represent the organization in external high-level meetings, workshops and conferences
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Business, strategic managementSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Vision and strategy; Strategizing; Business management; Partnerships; Technical supportRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply