Student Recruitment Representative - East Africa
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
From the start, we’ve been on a mission to bring the “university of the future” to the world — a place where students declare missions not majors, where real-world experience takes precedence over theoretical classroom lectures, and where learning how to learn has replaced learning facts and figures. Today, ALU is on its way to helping unleash the human potential of a new generation of ethical and entrepreneurial leaders — and in the process, unlock a new era of prosperity and opportunity for Africa and beyond unlike the world has ever seen.
Our mission is not going unnoticed. CNN described ALU — which has campuses in Mauritius and Rwanda — as “The Harvard of Africa;” Fast Company ranked ALU one of the 50 most innovative organisations in the world and the most innovative endeavour in Africa; and The New York Times recognised ALU as one of the eight places in the world “where history is being made.”
ABOUT THE ROLE
ALU is looking for a student recruitment associate for the East Africa region, who will be responsible for lead generation and meeting the student recruitment target for the region. You will be part of our dynamic Student Recruitment and Selection (SRS) team - which is driving all of ALU’s in-market student outreach efforts in a relentless pursuit of finding the best and brightest student talent. You will play a key part in bringing in highly motivated students with a sense of purpose and the desire to become the next generation of leaders, change-makers and entrepreneurs for Africa and the world. You will be working in a collaborative team with the independence to try new things, an eagerness to tackle challenges together, explore multiple perspectives, and experiment with new ideas.
- Hit Fee paying targets: Generate a healthy pipeline of ALU fit fee paying students in accordance to the set distribution target and hit respective targets.
- :Build and maintain relationships with ALU fIt Tier 1&2 high school partners: Promote long lasting relationships by adding value, partnering and understanding their needs
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation: Ensure marketing are clear on the ideal target group in the region and clear on the messaging for the region.
- Tracking & Reporting: Monitoring the fee paying application and enrolment numbers and reporting accordingly
- Execute Recruitment drives : Host recruitment events in partnership with the partner schools and partner organisation.
- Design, implement, & maintain a great client experience across the client journeys:Every touch point is transformational.
- Study the market, listen to our customer and relay the feedback to the organisation for purposes of product offering improvements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of working experience in sales with a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics and also superb interpersonal skills
Sales planning: Familiarity with the sales process from top of the funnel to the final admission of a prospect.
Process design: Ability to design systems and processes which support an incredible client journey,
Customer centric: A dedication to providing great customer experience.
Data skills: Comfortable working with sets of data.
Communication Skills: Good written and oral communications skills; able to quickly grasp and effectively communicate concepts. Comfortable communicating to a range of stakeholders, from young individuals to executives.
Problem solver: Determined, resourceful, effective, and persistent problem solver who is able to work with grace under pressure, exercise good judgement, and meet deadlines
Creative and Flexible: Strong creative, strategic, and analytical skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
Management Experience: Ability to manage teams and multiple resources.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Salary range: Confidential