Fuzu Exclusive Job
MercyCorps | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Sub Grants and Contracts Manager
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Sub Grants and Contracts ManagerFinance Manager – Advertising
Summit Recruitment &Training
Pension Fund Manager
Credit Risk & Relationship Manager
Trine Finance Limited
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Grants and Contracts Manager is responsible for all grants budgeting, budget monitoring and reporting, monitor and make sure grants spending’s are as per the donor and Mercy Corps regulations, review and monitor sub grants and sub grantees to ensure spending’s are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the sub grant agreement. He/she is also responsible for tracking sub grants and sub grantee requirements and for maintaining all sub grants and contracts financial files. Tracks contracts and procurements for all grants and programs.
1. Supervise and review sub grants and contracts senior finance officers work plan, performance and development plan.
2. Supervise and conduct sub grants pre-award assessments and recommends for substantial involvements and compliance requirements and modifications to the sub grant agreement and/or monitoring plan to lessen financial and compliance risks.
3. Follow up, collect and review sub grantees financial reports and fund requests, keep up-to-date records and report all sub grantees financial status. Review sub grantees financial reports for correctness, completeness, timeliness and compliance.
4. Develop, track and report sub grantees monitoring plan.
5. Monitor and perform sub grantees monitoring visits for financial and program deliverables review or audit and report findings with recommendation to the supervisor, communicate agreed upon findings to the sub grantees and follow up its implementation.
6. Supervise and handle sub grants close-outs ensuring that all requirements of the sub grant agreement have been met and that sub grant funds have been properly settled.
7. Review all contracts, contracts payments and track all contracts payments and milestones.
8. Maintain and update contracts tracker by grant and overall and share updated contracts tracker for pipeline and mgt purposes.
9. Follow up all grant compliance issues and document all required information.
10. Manage all sub grants in navigator, Such as award cards creation, update and report.
11. Provide on-going training and support to sub grantees and Mercy Corps program and finance staff on Mercy Corps and respective donor’s rules and regulations.
12. Support in grants and budgets management and production of monthly budgets vs actual reports and pipelines in a timely manner.
13. Review and track all grants/budget purchases and contracts and other commitments. Update the contracts and communicate monthly.
14. Follow up VAT regulations for the VAT/DUTY taxes exemptions, reimbursements and reporting to USAID and other donors as per their specific requirements.
15. Participate and support in preparation of operating and grant budgets.
16. Train staff under his/her supervision and sub grantees on budget tracking, review burn rates and provide advise if spending is not happening according to plan.
17. Ensuring donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operations
18. Maintain all donor files and ensure they are well labeled, fully updated with all contracts, submitted reports, governing clauses and all other relevant documents.
19. Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
20. Ensure compliance with GAAPs, Ugandan and US law and standard accounting practice.
21. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
22. Assist other finance functions when ever need arises.
23. Any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Grant and fund management; Accounting; Compliance; Financial reporting; Contract drafting and preparationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)