Fuzu Exclusive Job
MercyCorps | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Sub Grants and Contracts Senior Finance Officer
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Uganda, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Finance Director and the Program Teams to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Working in the Finance Department under the direct supervision of Sub Grants and Contracts Manager, the sub grants and compliance Senior Finance Officer is responsible for sub grants management, monitoring and reporting and compliance with donors/USAID regulations and Mercy Corps regulations, review and monitor sub grants and sub grantees to ensure spending’s are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the sub grant agreement. He/she is also responsible for tracking sub grants and sub grantee requirements and for maintaining all sub grants and contracts financial files. Tracking compliance and compliance trackers for the grant.
1. Conduct sub grants pre-award assessments and recommends for substantial involvements and compliance requirements and modifications to the sub grant agreement and/or monitoring plan to lessen financial and compliance risks.
2. Follow up, collect and review sub grantees financial reports and fund requests, keep up-to-date records and report all sub grantees financial status. Review sub grantees financial reports for correctness, completeness, timeliness and compliance.
3. Perform sub grantee monitoring visit for financial and programmatic deliverables review or audit and report findings with recommendation to the supervisor communicate agreed upon findings to the sub grantees and follow up its implementation.
4. Handle sub grants close-outs ensuring that all requirements of the sub grant agreement have been met and that sub grant funds have been properly settled.
5. Follow up all grant compliance issues and document all required information.
6. Provide on-going training and support to sub grantees and Mercy Corps program and finance staff on Mercy Corps and respective donor’s rules and regulations.
7. Closely monitor sub grants to ensure that sub grantees are not overspent.
8. Create sub award card in navigator and update all milestones and expenditure in navigator.
9. Review and update sub grantees BVA or monitoring report from navigator and share with the relevant managers and departments.
10. Maintain sub grantees tracker and update monthly. Share the updated tracker and list.
11. Review contracts and maintain/assist in maintaining and updating the contracts tracker. Distribute monthly tracker for projection and related use.
12. Review and track all sub grants and grants/budget purchases and contracts and other commitments. Update the contracts and communicate monthly.
13. Follow up VAT regulations for the VAT/DUTY taxes exemptions, reimbursements and reporting to USAID and other donors as per their specific requirements.
14. Ensuring donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operations
15. Maintain all donor and sub grant files and ensure they are well labeled, fully updated with all contracts, submitted reports, governing clauses and all other relevant documents.
16. Participate in procurement or contracts biding and other procurement processes when ever required.
17. Be adaptable and flexible to take board new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
18. Ensure compliance with GAAPs, Ugandan and US law and standard accounting practice.
19. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
20. Assist other finance functions when ever need arises.
21. Any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Grant and fund management; Compliance; Regulatory reporting; Financial reporting; Project Financial ManagementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply