Supervisor – Independent Review of Objections
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
Review of Objections in line with the law, making recommendation for resolution of objections, maintaining communicating with the parties, preparing and updating program reports, offering desk training to officers and giving effect to objection Decisions
Minimum years of experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and exposure to all taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management and resolution.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
- A Masters Degree, CPA or ACCA and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience/exposure in tax, customs or dispute resolution environment.
- Review lodged objections for validity.
- Collect information and documents from the taxpayer and the assessing department.
- Review documents submitted to support the objection.
- Mentor, support and desk- train newly recruited officers.
- Participate in consultative meetings with the assessing department and the taxpayers.
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to the Objections Review Committee.
- Implement the recommendations of the Objections Review Committee.
- Prepare instructions to litigation division for cases on appeal.
- Participate in discussions for cases referred to the ADR.
- Any other duties as allocated by the Manager.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)