Job verified by Fuzu
International Rescue Committee | Kampala, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Supply Chain Manager
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
The Supply Chain Manager is an integral member of the country management team and reports directly to the Deputy Director of Operations. This position is mainly responsible for the management and delivery of effective supply chain support throughout the country program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. This position will also support key responsibilities including procurement, transport, inventory and asset management, supply chain reporting and providing technical support to the supply chain teams in the field. The Supply Chain Manager will: Collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems. Collaborate with Finance Controller to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum bureaucracy. Work with Field Office Supply Chain staff and Field leads to ensure effectiveness, countrywide uniformity of Supply Chain structure and implementation of the IRC’s standard operations policies and procedures. Implement job and site specific trainings to ensure that Supply chain staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
Training and Outreach
- Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements. All locations and staff act in accordance with the policies.
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain Field (procurement, asset etc.)
- Update as required the IRC standards in terms of assets/equipment to be purchased.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize the procurement plans for all grants.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants department on time.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC staff to understand and utilize Supply chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Work with field staff to identify Supply Chain needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications etc in order for them to clearly share this information.
- Assist Supply Chain staff in working with program staff towards establishing procurement plans before the start of each grant ensuring they fit in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
- Ensure monthly Supply Chain reports are submitted from each field .Review and follow up as necessary.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Identify staffing and/or skills gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology which provides for clear and structured improvement.
- Develop long term plan for continued quality leadership by providing staff development and succession plans.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement
- Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure IT systems are reliable and provide the required levels of connectivity and ensure the good working order of all IT networks.
- Supervise the good working order of the communications systems used by IRC.
- Supply Chain works consistently with Security to maintain required security levels, awareness and responsiveness.
- Responsibility for the operating budget for the Supply Chain Units.
- Give periodic performance evaluations on staff directly supervised as per IRC personnel policies.
- In coordination with Field Coordinators and Deputy Director of Operations, plan and execute regular field visits to offer support/training to field supply chain and other staff.
- Matrix directly management of the Supply Chain staff in Kampala in line with his/her job description.
- Attend and comment as appropriate on all GOMS.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KampalaArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Compliance; Supply and demand planning; Procurement; Training program planning; Stock and inventory managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply