Job verified by Fuzu
International Rescue Committee | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Supply Chain Manager - Somalia Program
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Supply Chain Manager is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and support function ns necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management. The Supply Chain manager will support the Supply Chain Coordinator in designing, planning, execution and monitoring of supply chain activities in Somalia program.
1. Supply Chain Planning
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for implementing supply chain activities and plans to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes; procurement plans, warehousing plans, transport plans, staffing plans, distribution plans and training plans.
• Support in developing procurement plans for active grants in collaboration with supply chain coordinator, program Coordinators/Managers.
• Support in developing and implementing transport & distribution plan for supplies and assets.
• Proactively communicate with supply chain field staff ensuring that there is sufficient plans & spaces in the warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
• Support and provide cover in supply chain to ensure that supply chain department is well staffed, this includes deputizing Supply chain coordinator and cover for supply chain staff.
The Supply Chain manager implements country procurement strategies, policies and procedures, the supply Chain manager will ensures all country program procurement needs are met on time in accordance with GSC standards.
• Receive and review all purchase request received in head office.
• Ensure compliance to IRC and donor policies in the procurement of program supplies and assets.
• Maintain contract data base and ensure execution of procurement contracts and renewal is done in timely fashion.
• Implementation of GSC SOPs in all supply chain processes.
• Conduct procurement trainings sessions for procurement / tender committees in the field offices and non - supply chain staff if deemed necessary.
• In coordination with finance and supply chain staff, ensure timely payment of vendors that are fully supported with required auditable documents.
• Identifying fraud and corruption red flags and address on timely manner.
• Lead in tenders and ensure reasonable and appropriate lead-time for all procurement of program supplies and delivery of goods to the program sites.
• Support Field Offices Supply Chain staff to ensure effectiveness, countrywide uniformity of supply chain processes, implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
• Compile supply chain monthly, quarterly reports and submit to Supply Chain Coordinator for review and submission submitted on time to the appropriate recipients.
3. Inventory Management
The Supply Chain Manager is accountable for managing and controlling all inventory and warehouses operation in the head office and ensure that there excellent records keeping, Impalement inventory standard operating procedures and control as provided by GSC.
• Ensure Implementing IRC inventory policies in Nairobi IIRC offices.
• Ensure warehouse documents are accurate & updated in timely manner.
• Ensure warehouse physical conditions & safety.
• Conduct quarterly stock take, reconciliation, grant ending inventories and yearend count for items in the store.
• Cold chain & pharmaceutical quality assurance of medical supplies.
• Support and visit field office at least once per year and check warehouses/stores safety is IRC standard through supply chain assessment tool.
4. Assets Management
The Supply Chain Manager is accountable for maintenance, safe keeping and record or head office assets and equipment. The Supply Chain manager is responsible for all aspects of the administrative and operations of asset management in accordance with IRC and donors rules and regulations.
• Ensure the Implementation of IRC Asset policies in all IRC Somalia offices.
• Asset tagging, maintenance and tracking of all assets.
• Recommend and follow up of assets for Disposal as per policy.
• Conduct year end asset verification once a year done in September that is well documented and reported accurately.
5. Vehicles Management
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing head office fleet and transportation activities, ensure that all IRC fleet operations are conducted with adherence to IRC vehicles policies and procedures including vehicles procurement, vehicles movement, maintenance and reporting accuracy.
• Ensure all IRC vehicles are in good condition, fueled, well maintained and clean.
• Ensures that IRC vehicles have appropriate insurance cover par IRC policies and local law.
• Ensure local fleet management policy is implemented and followed by all in all IRC Somalia offices.
• Manage IRC drivers and ensure their documentation is kept up to date.
• Review vehicle monthly reports and provide necessary support to the supply chain staff
6. Compliance and Ethics
The supply Chain manager is responsible for identifying, analyzing and reporting compliance risk in supply chain process, implement strong procurement controls, identify procurement red flags, implementation of internal and external audit corrective action plans and ensure all supply chain activities are conducted in ethical manners.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Vehicle maintenance and repair; Compliance; Logistics planning and management; Fleet management; Supply and demand planning; Procurement; Stock and inventory managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply