Supply Chain Officer
Danish Refugee CouncilAdjumani, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have today left to apply for this job.
The Supply Chain Officer (Procurement) main objective is to provide efficient and effective Procurement and Logistics implementation and smooth running of departmental operations according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook. He/She will be responsible for procurement works, goods and services and coordination of logistical operations under the NURI Rural Infrastructure and Water Resource Management Interventions.
• Establish a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the DRC Operations Handbook chapter on Procurement Management, local law, and donor requirements.
• Advocate with all program teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with DRC Operations Handbook and Area Performance Indicators (APIs), this includes leading the process of procurement planning and convening regular meetings with Program colleagues to provide feedback on planned purchases, committing to realistic timelines for delivery and implementation.
• Supervise all procurement processes and implement/reinforce a tracking system for all local and central procurement on behalf of program teams.
• Responsible for ensuring a weekly Procurement Tracking Table/Template (PRTT) is updated and accurate, circulated on a weekly basis to the Project Manager-Project Support for review and subsequent sharing with Finance, and Supply Chain Manage, Hoss and CD
• Widen the pool of local field suppliers and ensure the suppliers are vetted according to DRC policies and maintain the supplier appropriate documents in a database at field level with comments on performance and contract tracking.
• Send out RFQs with supplier code of conduct and ensure suppliers sign.
• Prepare and/or review Bid Analysis in a timely manner
• Prepare Purchase orders, attach relevant documentation and submit for authorization
• Raise Payment Request for all payments to suppliers for goods and services received, submit payment request to Finance Officer or Supply Chain Manager for review and subsequent approval by Project Manager, Project Support, and Country Director
• Follow up payment with Finance and give feedback to suppliers who call in.
• Escalate to the Project Manager-Project Support any procurement challenges and any problems with suppliers.
• Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Manager to ensure that all issues are reported and solutions are realized as the issues arise.
• Draft framework agreements for review by the Project Manager-Project Support and Supply Chain Manager
• Draft works contracts in liaison with the Engineering unit for review by the Supply Chain Manager and approval by the Project Manager-Project Support/Country Director.
• Educate suppliers on DRC supply chain regulations and government requirements, and ensure suppliers deliver the correct goods and request technical certification by DRC expert staff
Warehouses and Asset Management
• Maintain up-to-date inventory of DRC assets and ensure assets are managed according to DRC standard Policies and procedures.
• Ensure all items USD 780 purchased and received from donors are captured in the Dynamics FA module and tagged before handing over to Project Manager for handing over to the end user.
• Ensure asset issue forms are prepared and signed by the Project Manager Project Support, End user and uploaded in the FA module before the asset is handed over to the end-user
• Ensure tags are removed from assets prior to disposal, particularly hard drives which should be removed and wiped from computer products.
• Ensure assets that are approved for disposal are actually disposed of the FA module. Maintain a disposition file.
• Ensure transfer of assets from holding location to assigned location has approval from Country Director and the process is documented through use of Asset Transfer Forms which should be uploaded in the FA Module.
• Conduct regular physical verification of asset items on Annual and semi-annual basis to confirm availability of assets and submit to Project Manager-Project Support for review with the Supply Chain Manager in copy.
• Support the Supply Chain Assistant in compiling a list of assets for disposal
• Draft incident reports of for stolen items for review by Supervisor and Supply Chain Manager
• Extract the asset report and submit to the Project/Area Manager for review with Supply Chain Manager in Copy
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in line with DRC line of duty.
• Lead coordination between the logistics team and program managers to facilitate effective, efficient, and timely implementation of DRC logistics procedures according to DRC’s Operations Handbook on Warehouse, Assets & Inventory, and Fleet Management chapters.
• Ensure Program Managers and other key program staff are informed of areas of logistics responsibilities and where cooperation from other departments is required.
• Produce logistics reports on a weekly and monthly basis such as warehouse stock report, fleet utilization report, and asset lists according to DRC’s internal templates and procedures – ensure that correct templates are being used and filled out in their entirety, flagging issues and gaps in documentation to the Area Manager or Country Supply Chain Manager as required.
• Conduct spot checks of warehouse, fleet, and asset management to ensure implementation and documentation is up to date and produce review reports on areas where improvement is needed.
• Develop work plans with Logistics staff as necessary to increase compliance and understanding of DRC procedures.
• Report all anomalies on documentation to the Area Manager and Country Supply Chain Manager immediately.
• Enforce DRC’s Code of Conduct, support the Area Manager with any reporting on issues related to corruption, collusion, and fraud.
• Ensure appropriate fleet management, in line with DRC guidelines, through the use and verification of log books, fuel consumption registers and regular servicing and maintenance.
• Analyze the DRC vehicle usage to maximize efficiency and ensure timely program implementation.
• Inspect all DRC vehicles for registration and appropriate licensing documents.
• Track all fleet and produce a consolidated utilization report on a monthly basis for review by the Project Manager-Project Support.
• Make recommendations to Project Manager and Country Supply Chain Manager regarding improvements to fleet utilization, vehicle maintenance, and disposal on at least a monthly basis.
• Ensure Weekly Movement Plans are implemented and all KISS movements are coordinated to other Area / Field / Country Offices are done in accordance with the DRC Fleet Utilization Policy.
• Program Support
• Produce work plans for logistics and procurement staff and train staff on regular updates of work planning and reporting against SMART objectives. Ensure compliance with donor requirements regarding procurement, inventory, and asset management.
• Train staff on compliance with internal reporting requirements and required contributions to donor and other reporting.
• Support program teams' and managers' with logistics and build program staff capacity
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council / Custom location,
Kakuma / African Entrepreneur Collective
Assistant Inventory Management Officer- Kibaale District
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Uganda / Uganda Heart Institute
Assistant Inventory Management Officer
Uganda / Uganda Heart Institute
Nairobi / Ministry of Defence