Job verified by Fuzu
Danish Refugee Council | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Support Services Manager, West Nile Region
- Post-graduate education
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Support Services Manager, West Nile RegionFinance and Strategy Manager
Sub Grants and Contracts Manager
Sub Grants and Contracts Senior Finance Officer
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
The Support Services Manager, West Nile will assist the Area Manager in the management and direction of support functions in the West Nile region and in accordance to DRC guidelines. He/she will be offer support to DRC West Nile sub offices in providing technical guidance, management and oversight of finance, administration, human resources and IT. The sub offices include Rhino Camp, Koboko, Zombo, Nebbi and Yumbe.
The position will also coordinate with West Nile staff both admin and programs on support, training, guidelines and standard operating procedures as set by Danish Refugee Council (DRC). The position may require frequent travel to the West Nile sub offices as/when required.
Finance and Grants
• Overall responsible for ensuring sound financial management in West Nile region and its sub-offices.
• Ensure the proper grants management in West Nile Region
• Ensure DRC finance regulations and procedures are adhered to in all West Nile offices. Consequently, consistently assess and identify gaps for further capacity building.
• Implement, manage and develop internal controls.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate and complete entries in the accounting system and presence of an accurate filing system and as well as accurate and complete transaction documentation.
• To ensure timely completion by the finance team of the assigned accounting tasks that are in accordance with the outlined policies and procedures.
• To assist in tracking the journal entries by reviewing the source documentation and making relevant adjustments, assisting in the preparation of audit requirements, supporting in the preparation of statistical reports and to make sure that they are standardized.
• To provide support in budget preparation and drafting of relevant documents, perform miscellaneous filing, ad hoc reconciliation, etc.
• Maintain and update the West Nile operational budget (master budget).
• To be present at various meetings, to address the issues, provide appropriate guidelines for improvising the businesses process, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Involve and support for budget developments with the programme staff.
• Support sector leads to have the budget projections before starting the implementation
• Coordinate monthly budget review meetings and document the action points.
• Responsible for all financial reporting in West Nile Region.
• Ensure DRC procurement guidelines are adhered to in all West Nile offices.
• Actively engage and support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities.
• In liaison with Country Office Kampala, identify, negotiate and implement contract & framework agreements which result in efficiencies in line with financial and forecasting requirements.
• Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
• Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
• Plan and engage with Project Managers to understand contract specifications and with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability which results in effective market engagement.
• Conduct efficient and collaborative procurements which are DRC and donor compliant (advice, tendering, evaluation award & contract management) and which result in a high value adding commercial outcome.
• Build supplier, category and market understanding through performance management, research and stakeholder briefings which result in the management of commercial issues throughout the procurement cycle.
Administration, IT and Human Resources
• Coordinates recruitment process at field level.
• Ensures that all field staff have valid contracts and informing Kampala HR Officer on any renewals to be made.
• Provides guidance on policy issues at field level in liaison with the Country HR and Admin Coordinator
• Ensures that Monday morning minutes for the region will be shared with the admin by Wednesday of every week.
• Has the overall responsible for office management. This refers to the coordination office in Arua and all the sub offices in the region.
• Focal Person for Payroll at field level ensuring that monthly payroll updates are sent to the Kampala HR Officer by the 15th of every month
• Responsible for staff personnel files. The Admin and Finance Manager is to ensure that all personnel files for all the West Nile will be kept updated following the prescribed checklist.
• Raise staff complaints to the coordination office in Kampala
• Coordinates Medical and Workman’s insurance for field staff in liaison with Kampala HR
• Responsible for all the Field office timesheets and sends to Kampala HR by 5th of the following Month
• Coordinates performance appraisal process ensuring that all staff are appraised at the end of probation and at the end of year.
• Coordinates orientation process for all new staff at field level.
• Coordinates leave tracking and ensures that the tracker is sent to the Kampala HR Officer at the end of every month.
• Coordinates the exit and clearance process ensuring that all exiting staff have handed over DRC property and the exit forms sent to Kampala HR.
• Responsible for ensuring that airtime for field staff is loaded monthly and timely. This is done in liaison with the Kampala Admin Officer.
• Responsible for all premises leases at field level and coordinates with the Admin officer in Kampala to ensure that we always have valid leases and that payments to the lessors are done in a timely manner.
• Ensure service contracts are respected and paid for according to agreed terms of payments.
• Support the implementation of DRC Uganda IT strategies in West Nile region.
• Support the Admin Assistant in the Guest House management.
• Ensure adherence to DRC procurement and logistics guidelines.
• Ensure West Nile offices are compliant to DRC operational handbook.
• Provides guidance on policy issues at field level in liaison with the Country Office.
• Provide overall oversight of the support departments by analyzing and ensuring they are working together to deliver services on timely manner.
• Responsible for the rolling out of existing and new support and operational tools, policies and ensures consistent application of the same in the West Nile Region.
• Responsible for information management & sharing in West Nile region especially when it relates to finance, administration, human resources, IT and procurement.
• Ensure coherent reporting is adhered to by all support departments this relates to monthly cashbook reporting, departmental area performance indicators (API) reporting due to the country office by 5th of every month and any other ad hoc report requested from time to time.
• Build capacity and provide technical supervision of support functions in West Nile.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Grant and fund management; Human resource and personnel development; Management of financial resources; ProcurementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)