Job verified by Fuzu
Brites Management Services Limited | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The System Administrator’s role is to manage in-house computer software systems, servers, storage devices and network connections to ensure high availability and security of the supported business applications. He /She will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
• Providing IT Support and network set-up and maintenance
• Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows domain operating systems
• Manage Active Directory, Server exchange, and administration
• Have familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and good experience working with Oracle and ERP system
• Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
• Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices
• Perform and test routine system backups and restores
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
• Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations
• Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs
• In charge of SQL installations and configuration to enable related database applications for administration and data management
• Execute all computer and computer related repairs, maintenance and scheduling service for the same
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Server hosting and management; System and network security; Testing and debugging; System administration; User management and administration; TroubleshootingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply