Systems Quality Assurance Engineer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
Through the practice of servant leadership, enhance our team member’s lives, develop and implement best methods, and be engaged in a culture of continuous improvement to safely deliver quality, best value products, and services, on time, to internal and external customers.
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction through the high quality of our software releases. You will participate in all stages of the software development
life cycle in order to design and execute tests, identify and track defects, and complete all necessary tasks that result in the release of quality software to our customers. The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for understanding the customer specifications of the software, writing test plans and test cases, and testing software through both manual and automated means. Through thorough and creative testing, you will make a significant contribution
to the continuous improvement of our software quality and keep it constantly in
line with the interests of our customers.
- Adhere to, support, and promote the Extra Inch vision and culture statements
- Demonstrate professional, respectful interaction with other team members
- Accurately and professionally represent Extra Inch to customers and vendors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with vendors, subject matter experts, end-users, and software developers to deploy and support business systems and processes
- Perform all aspects of validation and verification of IT systems, including integration, system, regression, performance, and user acceptance testing
- Ensure quality standards and requirements are met by developing, executing, and maintaining test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Identify and document feature enhancements, issues and defects found during testing and by user feedback
- Document procedures and build user guides
- Provide support and training to software application users
- Recommend and implement best practices to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Communicate openly, share knowledge, build positive collaboration between departments and team members
- Support and contribute to department and company metrics
- Be actively engaged in continuous improvement projects and culture
- Play a key role in our Continuous Quality process by being directly involved in all phases of product development for web, iOS, and Android applications.
- Work with development teams to plan safe release schedules for application features.
- Decompose requirements into exhaustive test cases and create tests within TestRail.
- Lead feature testing for assigned projects on a continuous basis.
- Participate in regression testing, user acceptance testing, and load testing to ensure acceptance criteria are met and quality is high.
- Log issues discovered in testing with steps to reproduce and failed acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with development teams to assess the testing impact and deployment risks.
- Participate in product releases and test feature delivery via post-production validation.
- Aid in identifying and documenting critical application flows for test automation.
- Assist in improving QA processes, tools, and environments.
- Support all testing activities for new and existing solutions ;
- Test according to tickets, test lists, and free tests
- Development of test cases, test routines, and automated tests in cooperation with our software development team.
- Creation and documentation of test cases and results
- Set up a testing environment to align with the customer environment
- Reporting reproducible error scenarios Improvement of our quality processes in cooperation with the department's software development, project management, and service.
- Associate’s degree in computer science, IT or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Knowledge of business process modeling
- Ability to learn new software technologies
- Experience with documentation of processes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers
- Technical training skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with banking / financial solutions environment preferred
- Self-starter, creative, and problem solver
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence
- Value and build a culture of measurement
- Ability to travel as required
- 2+ years of experience testing complex software applications, including web, iOS, and Android applications as well as application services and APIs.
- Well versed in decomposing requirements into test cases.
- Skilled in communicating with business stakeholders and development teams to clarify software requirements, provide feedback, and communicate test failures.
- Exhibit high standards, attention to detail, and a customer-focused attitude when assessing the quality of software deliverables.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the software development lifecycle and release strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess the testing impact and deployment risks for software changes.
- Familiarity with modern UI/UX practices.
- Experience creating test cases in TestRail or similar.
- Hands-on experience developing web or mobile applications.
- Hands-on experience developing or using Cypress or other test automation tools.
- Hands-on experience testing APIs using Swagger, Postman, Fiddler, or other tools.
- Experience with bug tracking tools and version control systems as well as with test automation and continuous integration
Experience with test management systems is an advantage (TestRail)
Programming skills are an advantage (Python, C++, Java, C#, Delphi) High degree of personal responsibility, quality awareness, and assertiveness
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks while handling multiple projects, communicate clearly, and document all test results using approved Software methodology.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team and across functional groups.
Ample opportunities for professional development.
New challenges and opportunities to learn every day.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
9 days left to apply
Welcome to Extra Inch Technologies Limited. This is a Kenyan firm that has been operational for the last 3+ years in Kenya, Uganda, DRC Congo, Ghana and Cameroon. We deal with Financial Software solutions for micro-finance, Sacco’s and banks. Our range of products vary from the core banking/MFI solution to alternate channels (ATM, Mobile Transfer etc.)
Meet your new colleagues
9 days left to apply