Talent & HR Management Trainee
Salary range: from KSh40,000 | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
Our focus market includes emerging countries in Africa and South America with over a 10% middle class, mature SME’s, good adoption of Internet and Mobile and a fragmented Health Market Place. Kenya is our first test and launch market. Our contribution to Africa and other emerging markets that suffer from a highly fragmented, inefficient & inadequate private healthcare sector is to leverage the technology to drive access and ower costs to citizens living in urban areas.
The Ponea’s ecosystem vision to grow in emerging markets provide unique competitive advantages from lower healthcare costs, convenience, discretion, trust and efficiency to all healthcare players and patients. Ponea Health first test and launch market will be in Kenya followed by South Africa and then onwards to selected markets in Africa & Latin America.
Ponea targets to consolidate 70% of private healthcare providers online to provide greater choice and access for patients, and more cost-efficient operations for providers from the marketplace enablers. We enable expansion of private healthcare through enhanced distribution of medical services thus creating jobs and driving full employment for medical providers through.
— Digitised Appointment Booking
— Revenue Enhancement
— Enabling Entrepreneurship in the Health eco-system
— Automating Doctor Practice
— Increasing Patient Traffic
— Digitising Referral Network
— Price Transparency
— Virtual Payments
— Automated Billing
— Promoting Accreditation
— Patient-Controlled Centralised Medical Records Sharing & Archiving
— Aggregating private laboratories, diagnostics facilities, pharmacies
— Insurance origination
— Health Loan Origination
The Ponea Oath
What are we made of - HEART
What moves - HIGHER PURPOSE
Why do we come to work - IMPACT.
And this gives us the passion and bandwidth to have the vision to transform healthcare in Africa & Emerging Markets
The Ponea Spirit
We are a disruptive mature start-up daring to transform digital healthcare in developing markets. We look for people who challenge orthodoxies and who, when others are deliberating why it can not be done, they say, why not and why not now?
Let’s do it!
Our Culture - What we live by
At Ponea Health, we are cultivating a culture that supports internal collaboration, responsibility, accountability and strong team bonds, committed to inclusion, diversity and equity. We shun mediocrity, office politics and all manner of petty pedestrian nonsense. We look for people who challenge orthodoxies and who, when others are deliberating why it cannot be done, they say, why not and why not now? Let’s do it!
To create a transformational force in healthcare by creating direct interfaces between technology and humankind.
Our Vision - Where we want to go
To become Africa’s first digital healthcare unicorn & expand access across the care continuum, in emerging markets.
Our Ethics - The simple principles we adhere to
1. Authenticity - Be you, no B.S.
2. Forthrightness - Be forthright& responsive
3. Diligence - Be dedicated to the cause
4. Fairness - Fairness, Respect, Equality
5. Confidentiality - Privacy of sensitive data & information
6. Transparency - Be truthful, if you know you know
Step 1 Go to www.ponea.com/Jobs
Step 2 Click on the position that you seek to apply and you will be directed to our job hosting partner site www.fuzu.com
Step 3 Create an account in Fuzu and follow the instructions
A brief summary of yourself by explaining your most transformational Crucible Moment and how it has changed your life’s perspective, approach and meaning. How does that apply to your approach to work today?
Please save the video file as ( Your First Name - Surname )
Step 1: Review of the submitted Video's and then shortlisting of the candidates that make the cut.
Step 2: The shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview.
Step 3: Final candidates will have a face to face session with our Founder & relevant sector Board Member.
Step 4: Offer of offer well be sent or regret letter.
Step 5: Contract signing.
Successful applicants will be expected to be available immediately for their roles.
Position Level: Entry Level
Special Attributes: Clarity of thought, global mindset, extremely passionate about technology and its possibilities.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya. (willing to take assignments in other markets when an opportunity arises )
Weekly Work Structure: Office desk-based work
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in Human Resources. We are willing to consider a new graduate with the right qualities and personality
- Work Order development for new job roles:Identifying, analyzing, and determining the duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, and work environment of the specific job
- Work order review and revision
- Assess candidates application resumes and videos
- Design candidates interview process - Telephone screening,one on one interviews,online interviews and bootcamps
- Reviews employment applications and background check reports
- Input recruitment evaluation reports
- Coordinate with Legal departrment for drafting of Employment offer letters,Contracts and NDA for successful candidates
- Coordinate with the new staff to sign off employment contract,NDA and letter of offer
- Pre-onboarding email welcome to the new staff
- New staff systems setup ,schedule introduction meeting with the department manager and Ponea Academy induction schedule
- Employee introduction to all staff - One on one introduction and via Ponea chat groups
- Office orientation Virtual Orientation
- Ensure submission of staff bio data and payroll entry forms
- Ensure submission of necessary employee personal supporting documents eg.NSSF,KRA PIN,NHIF
- Allocate office sitting space
- Internal orientation, housekeeping & compnay processes - office etiquette, online etiquette, remote working policy & how it generally works, timesheet policy
- Introduce and share to the new staff the Ponea Academy Content
- Buddy introduction
- Department Immersion – Employee introduction meeting to the department Manager
- Coordinate to schedule Ponea Academy induction trainings for New Joiners
- Ponea Email setup,share user guide and train new staff
- Microsoft Teams setup,share user guide and train new staff
- Replicon Timesheet System,setup,share user guide video,timesheet policy and train new staff
- Technology Assets - Ensure employees have functional tools to deliver their duties,when applicable coordinate for employee asset loan with Finance department
- Employee Engagement
- Resolving employee relation issues
- Coordinate with department managers to review and resolve employee disciplinary actions
- Coordinate employee events - Workshops,Town Halls,Team building
- Provide line managers with post probation assessment forms for probation performance evaluation
- Probation calendar tracking
- Review and evaluate probation assessment reports
Create appropriate templates for employee confirmation, extension & termination where appropriate
- Employee benefits program - Staff welfare,Staff Lunch
- Employee salary compensation coordination with payroll team
- Telephone Allowance - Coordinate with Finance team for voice and data bundle disbursement to staff
- Field Work Transport Allowance - Coordinate with Finance team on staff transport allowance remittance
- Contract renewal coordination with Legal team
- Resource contract tracking,contract duration,cost per hour - Fixed term employees and consultants
- Contract termination and exit coordination with Legal team
- Maintaining staff files
- Ensure all employee contracts are safely e-filed + a master sheet of the same maintained
- Coordinate contracting from relevant entities in liaison with legal and finance
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- Implementing health risk mitigation plans
- Training employee's and supervise on health and safety standards
- Coordinating ccupational health and safety committee
- Coordinating with Finance team for employee WIBA insurance remittance
- Employee offboarding,Staff clearance coordination
- Respond to resignation letters
- Coordinate with Legal team on contract termination letters
- Coordinate with department managers on employee exits clearance
- Prepare certificate of service for exits
HR ADMINISTRATION & COMMUNICATION
- Provide adminstrative services to employees using structured HR templates
- Communication of important company events or activities to all staff and ensure
- HR liason with external vendors or partners
- Leave management
- Prepare reports for management meetings
- Recording and communication of external HR communication
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 6 months
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
6 days left to apply
Ponea Health is a Netherlands registered mature startup that is focused on the delivery of On-demand healthcare, real-time price discovery, building trust among healthcare players, improving service delivery and democratizing of healthcare in Africa while enabling patients to have control of their health. We are leveraging on platform economies, fintech and emerging technologies to achieve this transformation. Our focus market includes emerging countries in Africa and South America with a over 10% middle class, mature SME’s, good adoption of Internet and Mobile and a fragmented Health Market Place. Kenya is our first test and launch market. Our contribution to Africa and other emerging markets that suffer from a highly fragmented, inefficient & inadequate private healthcare sector is to leverage the technology to drive access and lower costs to citizens living in urban areas. The Ponea’s ecosystem vision to grow in emerging markets provide unique competitive advantages from lower healthcare costs, convenience, discretion, trust and efficiency to all healthcare players and patients. Ponea Health first test and launch market will be in Kenya followed by South Africa and then onwards to selected markets in Africa & Latin Ameria.
Meet your new colleagues
6 days left to apply