Teaching Assistant - Department of History
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
The Islamic University in Uganda invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions for the 2018/2019 Academic year.
Other benefits for the posts include housing allowance of 20% of basic salary and free medical treatment for self, spouse (s) and four biological children below 18 years of age at the University Health Center.
How to apply
Applicants should send 5 sets of a handwritten application letter, including copies of an up to date curriculum vitae (with all supporting documents attached on each application letter), and two (2) separate letters from referees.
- Teach undergraduate level courses.
- Evaluate and grade examinations, assignments, or papers and record grades.
- Develop teaching materials, such as syllabi, visual aids, answer keys, supplementary notes, or course Web sites.
- Provide assistance to faculty members or staff with field research.
- Schedule and maintain regular office hours to meet with students.
- Arrange for supervisors to conduct teaching observations; meet with supervisors to receive feedback about teaching performance.
- Discuss problems or issues with supervisors.
- Copy and distribute classroom materials.
- Attend lectures given by the instructor whom they are assisting.
- Attend training sessions or professional meetings to develop or maintain professional knowledge.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Developing curriculum and teaching guidelines; University teaching; Exam preparation and grading; Research planning; Social sciencesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)