o First Class or Second-Class (Upper Division) Bachelor of Science degree in Physics or Bachelor of Science degree with Education (Physical) from a recognized Institution.
1. Qualifying persons should submit five (5) copies of their application letters duly signed together with certified photocopies of their transcripts, certificates, five (5) recent passport photographs and latest copy of their curriculum vitae giving full details of the applicants’ education, work experience and naming three referees with their postal addresses and day time phone contact. The application should be put in a big (A4) sealed envelope and the job applied for indicated on the envelope. Applicants must make sure that at least two referees have forwarded recommendation letters concerning their application to the University Secretary before the closing date of this advertisement.
2. Applicants for the vacancy of Teaching Assistants in Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery should indicate the relevant experience and area of interest on the application letter.
3. Applications should be hand delivered to the Office of the University Secretary and addressed to:
The University Secretary,
Lira University, P.O. Box 1035, Lira.
4. Applicants can also apply on-line by sending scanned application letter, curriculum vitae and relevant documents to [email protected]
6. The deadline for receiving applications is 30th September 2020.
7. Lira University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8. Applicants should show demonstrable qualities of leadership and integrity.
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
10. Due diligence by the university will form part of the selection criteria.
11. Any form of solicitation or lobbying will lead to automatic cancellation of Application.
o Prepares learning materials and delivers lectures to undergraduate students.
o Collects data and participates in the data analysis for the development of instruction manual and kits for practical exercises.
o Examines, assesses and marks undergraduate students’ assignments.
o Undertakes research to support the development of the University academic research proposals.
o Guides and supervises Undergraduate students’ academic research and internship activities.
o Participates in laboratory and/ or community outreach programmes.
o Participates in the organization and implementation of Departmental academic seminars and workshops.
o Provides remedial teaching to students to enhance their understanding of the topics covered by the senior academic staff-tutorial sessions to students.
o Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor.