o Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from a recognized Institution.
o Experience in Psychiatric Nursing for one (1) Teaching Assistant Vacancy.
o Experience in Pediatric Nursing for one (1) Teaching Assistant Vacancy.
o Experience in Theatre and Surgical Nursing for one (1) Teaching Assistant Vacancy.
o Experience in Medical Ward Nursing experience for one (1) Teaching Assistant Vacancy.
o Applicants must be registered and currently licensed by the Nurses and Midwifery Council.
1. Qualifying persons should submit five (5) copies of their application letters duly signed together with certified photocopies of their transcripts, certificates, five (5) recent passport photographs and latest copy of their curriculum vitae giving full details of the applicants’ education, work experience and naming three referees with their postal addresses and day time phone contact. The application should be put in a big (A4) sealed envelope and the job applied for indicated on the envelope. Applicants must make sure that at least two referees have forwarded recommendation letters concerning their application to the University Secretary before the closing date of this advertisement.
2. Applicants for the vacancy of Teaching Assistants in Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery should indicate the relevant experience and area of interest on the application letter.
3. Applications should be hand delivered to the Office of the University Secretary and addressed to:
The University Secretary,
Lira University, P.O. Box 1035, Lira.
4. Applicants can also apply on-line by sending scanned application letter, curriculum vitae and relevant documents to [email protected]
6. The deadline for receiving applications is 30th September 2020.
7. Lira University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8. Applicants should show demonstrable qualities of leadership and integrity.
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
10. Due diligence by the university will form part of the selection criteria.
11. Any form of solicitation or lobbying will lead to automatic cancellation of Application.
o Prepare learning materials and deliver lectures to undergraduate students.
o Collect data and participate in the data analysis for the development of instruction manual and kits for practical exercises.
o Examine, assess and mark undergraduate students’ assignments.
o Undertake research to support the development of the University academic research proposals.
o Guide and supervise Undergraduate students’ academic research and clinical practice activities.
o Participate in clinical, laboratory or community outreach programmes.
o Perform clinical duties.
o Perform clinical teaching and mentorship of students.
o Participate in the organization and implementation of Departmental academic seminars, ward rounds, grand rounds, journal clubs and workshops.
o Provide remedial teaching to students to enhance their understanding of the topics covered by the senior academic staff-tutorial sessions to students.
o Any other duties that may be assigned to them by the supervisor.
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application: