Technical Advisor, Clinical Management Information System (CMIS)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 10 days left to apply for this job.
Improve IPPF Africa Region Member Association data collection system by leading in the expanding and
increasing the number of Africa Region Member Associations using Clinical Management Information
System (CMIS) in their facility to document patient care data for efficient health records management to
be able to produce accurate analysis, reporting and evidence-based decisions making health, or have an equivalent standard of education. Post-graduate qualification desirable. A professional qualification in SRH Services Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Database and
The post holder will be a graduate in the field of social sciences, Information System, development or
IT is an added advantage.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in medical office environment, Information System
Management, Medical Management Information System and any medical software customization preferred;
• Experience in medical information developing and implementation using services flow and coding for better client folders management and quality health/clients records.
• Experience in conducting training to health services providers and health programme
• A high degree of competency in implementation of quality assessment and improvement activities making recommendations based client records.
• Work experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health is a distinct advantage.
• Experience in the NGO sector is an added advantage.
• To coordinate pre assessment, assessment, implementation and follow-up phases of manual and electronic Clinical Management Information System (CMIS) implementation in Africa Region Member Associations as recommended by IPPF Africa Regional Office and Central Office.
• To ensure the correct implementation of Member Associations’ Clinical Management Information System (CMIS) that integrates and streamlines health data collection from medical services records and billing in order to have a consolidated and comprehensive data relating to clinical performance.
• To provide CMIS training and technical assistance to IPPF ARO team members so that they will be able to assist directly Africa Region Member Associations to address some basis matters concerning the proper use of CMIS to inform programmes and management decisions-making.
• To provide support for clinical guideline questions, following up in collaboration with IPPF Africa
Regional Office and Central Office.
• To assist in the production of training and learning materials related to clinic management.
• To ensures proper execution of the CMIS expansion in Africa Region by monitoring and evaluation of progresses done by Africa Region in terms of reporting quality health data in collaboration with IPPF Africa Regional Office and Central Office.
• To identify and disseminate lessons learned and best practice as part of IPPF publications and attend internal and external meetings on behalf of IPPF ARO.
• To contribute to writing and send reports to stakeholders (Central Office, GC, Donors, and Partners) and produce additional reports as required.
• To assist country-specific activities and ensure timely implementation of initiatives
• To perform other duties as assigned.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)