Job verified by Fuzu
Fhi 360 | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Technical Advisor I, SI/M&E
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
• MPH or equivalent with at least 8 years of experience providing technical assistance in or conducting and/or leading evaluations, quantitative or qualitative research, or implementation science studies in international settings.
• Excellent English language, both written and spoken.
• Statistical data analysis skills, proficiency with STATA or SAS
• Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
• Coordination, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proactive and independent approach to work, ability to maintain positive working relationships and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities as necessary, and work under pressure.
• Experience with technical assistance in HIV/health programs in developing countries.
• Ability to travel internationally a minimum of 25%.
• Experience with business development a plus.
• French or Portuguese language a plus.
• Provide technical leadership to FHI 360 program and country offices to ensure that programs are well designed, monitored and evaluated.
• Build the capacity of FHI 360 staff and local partners to appreciate the importance of strategic information, to develop systems that capture project performance and monitoring data, to conduct special quantitative and qualitative studies, and to analyze, interpret, and use data.
• Design, conduct and/or advise on appropriate evaluation and monitoring designs and strategies, which may include the following: special quantitative and qualitative studies, implementation science, social network analyses, size estimations, second generation surveillance studies, modelling.
• Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports
• Analyze data from large quantitative datasets and contribute to the production of analytical and technical reports, presentations and related publications
• Develop M&E and work plans, and advise on appropriate systems and tools, ensuring that M&E system implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
• Contribute significantly to proposal development, and editing technical reports and documents.
• Collaborate with FHI 360 staff and partners to present and publish SI/M&E articles at relevant conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
• Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
• Participate in quality assurance and improvement exercises, including development of tools, regular measurement of performance according to those standards, and collaborative reviews to assess quality.
• Work with relevant stakeholders to enhance data use in advocacy and in decision-making related to optimal strategies and interventions.
• Serve as liaison to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
• Conduct searches of published literature on evolving issues in SI/M&E.
• Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff at implementing partner and strategic partner level
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
• May serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative and operational issues.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Business strategy; Quality management; Project implementation; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply