Technical Product Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
The Technical Product Manager will work with M-KOPA’s software engineering team to design, manage, test, and deploy software solutions that directly impact the experience of our 600,000 customers in East Africa. They will work closely with engineers, business stakeholders, and customers to optimize our system design and keep our efforts focused and customer-centric. They will support the development of IoT systems, internal tools, data systems, and customer-facing products.
- Work with customers, business managers, and engineers to develop concise, structured, achievable product requirements.
- Maintain the quality of software backlogs, with keen discipline and attention to detail.
- Help design the relationship between different software systems and map out interactions and process flows.
- Be the voice of the customer within M-KOPA, driving us to build products in a way that continuously improve our customer experience.
BSc in a technical/quantitative field or equivalent experience / self-learning. Experience:
At least 2-3 years in a product management or software engineering role, at a company using modern best practicesKnowledge / Skills Required:
- Product management: You should have a firm understanding of agile methodologies, user requirements gathering, and product management fundamentals; you’ve helped teams design products and deliver value to users.
- Technical background: You should have a background in software engineering or data science; you’re taking this job because you love working in product management, but you could just as easily be applying for an engineering or analytical position.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Process development; Agile and Lean methodologies; Software architecture; Github (or other software version management systems); Product development; Product managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)