Technical Support Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
The Technical Support Manager will provide leadership and management of the Technical Division, which is responsible for the full life cycle of all technology products and services. These include consultancy, design, construction, installation, commissioning, testing, hand over and operations and maintenance; which may be delivered independently or as part of an integrated security solution for one or more clients throughout the country. In addition, this role is responsible for the management of any outsourced consultants and contractors.
1. Responsibility for the Technology P&L, revenue, direct costs, gross profit, and overheads.
2. Lead and drive the development of the technical division in line with KK’s strategic and business plans and values, working closely and collaboratively with the other Division Directors to assist in the delivery of cohesive, high quality, high impact projects;
3. Work with the Senior Management Team to assess and evaluate KK’s technical needs with respect to the impact and effectiveness of projects, and company development;
4. Manage all projects within agreed-upon budgets, timelines, and standards. This includes project management of small, medium and large consultancy, design and engineering projects. Prioritize activities and progress according to KK’s resources (time and money) and operational realities;
5. Develop forecasts and technical budgets and control the spending on OPEX and CAPEX; effectively ensure costs are controlled, the department maximizes revenue generation and contribution to the Company’s operating profit;
6. Participate in procurement by providing technical support to the tendering and selection process of any requirements in support of a project, and assisting with the negotiation of rates and terms with preferred suppliers. Maintain strict compliance with the company procurement policy;
7.Work with the management team in the development of the Company’s overall security strategy and seek to positively influence the progression and growth of the technical division;
8. Responsible for the production of strategic security and engineering deliverables, drawings, documentation, reports, and presentation materials. This covers Security Strategy Reports, Security Audits, Security Risk Assessments, BMS Systems design, Fire detection & suppression systems design, Security Operations Reports (CCTV, ACS etc.);
9. Maintain ownership of deliverables, Concept Design Reports & Drawings, Scheme Design Reports & Drawings, Network Topology Design & Drawings, Detailed Design Reports & Drawings, Engineering Calculations (including Power, UPS, Network, Bandwidth, and Storage etc.), BoM and BoQ Reports;
10.Work with the Commercial team and support in business development activities by identifying new leads and opportunities;
11. Represent the Company during consultations with client representatives, government agencies and industry associates connected to specific projects;
12. Enforce compliance to set laws, regulations and customer requirements governing business operations;
13. Produce technical division reports and ensure that internal and external stakeholders, including the Senior Management Team and Board, are appropriately kept abreast of KK’s technical developments.
14. Commission and undertake security surveys and security risk assessments; and present findings of work to team members and clients in an iterative and participative manner as needed.
15. Information gathering and technical research relating to project specific design solutions. Keep abreast and maintain technology security awareness to include maintaining currency with the latest products and solutions available in the market; advise the business on best practices, technology changes and the subsequent adoption thereof;Manage staff capacity and skill levels within the technical department to meet current and planned outputs; provide mentorship and guidance on developing the capabilities and competencies of the Technical Team; and
16. Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve the best performance to meet the company’s needs.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired languages: