Job verified by Fuzu
BBC | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Technical support specialist ( Engineer )
- Bachelor's degree
- Engineering, architecture
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Technical support specialist ( Engineer )Sales Engineer
Helpdesk Operator & EHS Coordinator
Summit Recruitment &Training
Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
Skills Geographic Kenya (SGK)
Field Service Engineer South East Africa, Africa and LAPAC
Jobs in Engineering, architectureMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
You will report to the Bureau Manager, for the running of the Nairobi Bureau technical operations and be responsible for the technical affairs in the Nairobi Bureau. You will provide a professional technical support service and office management to our Nairobi operations, spanning a variety of technologies, and within a service management culture. You are expected to have an excellent command of English, as well as technical knowledge across a variety of disciplines. You will be expected to have a thorough knowledge of broadcast engineering and/or operations. You will also be required to provide first line support, being guided by Engineering Operations in the UK, for the Bureaux IT infrastructure that consists mainly of a secure Windows based client/server topology. This enterprise-wide desktop is governed by the BBC in the UK with its technical partners. The bureau also uses locally, Apple-based products and some Linux-based products.
1. To ensure that technical incidents are fixed as expeditiously and efficiently as possible. To coordinate effectively with local/regional staff, and with Technology teams across BBC to maximize efficiency.
2. To provide a first-line engineering support service working with the BBC’s support bodies in the UK to the Nairobi Bureau. This will consist of a first line analysis of the problem, executing a fix where possible or more likely, taking responsibility for co-ordinating with the UK support bodies, a fix.
3. To provide on-site support for services delivered to the BBC Nairobi operation by the BBC’s technology partners, including AtoS.
4. To provide a point of co-ordination, contact and knowledge for local technical providers to the Nairobi Bureau eg telecommunications and internet suppliers, power and building infrastructure and air conditioning maintenance suppliers.
5. To keep a record of faults and their fixes and to work with the BBC’s Engineering Operations Support department to monitor trends and ensure service levels are adhered to.
6. To provide accurate and up-to-date information on the status of incidents, problems, known errors and workarounds at the request of business and technology representatives, and ensure that the BBC’s incident logging software is updated timely and accordingly.
7. Provide and share documented solutions and knowledgebase articles to help prevent the recurrence of Incidents and Problems.
8. To provide user support and guidance and make training recommendations.
9. To work collaboratively with all parts of the business to ensure that the effective communication channels are established and maintained and that knowledge and best practice is shared to optimise the performance of the business.
10. The post holder will act as a focal point on a day-to-day basis for all technical issues or enquiries within the Nairobi Bureau and the wider region and as a contact point for the UKbased technical and broadcast operations departments.
11. The post holder will develop strong and successful relationships within the Bureaux, with Engineering Operations Support in London, with departments across BBC News, also with the local third party support providers and suppliers
12. To ensure that any planned interruption to services which may come from locally managed work, faults or directed from Technical Support in the UK is agreed and co-ordinated with the Nairobi Bureau editorial management
13. To take individual responsibility for the promotion and implementation of the BBC Values.
14. To comply with health and safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment for self and other BBC staff.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Engineering, architectureSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Risk management; Data centre management; Technical support; Work place safety; EngineeringRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)