Job verified by Fuzu
Co-operative Bank | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Test Automation Engineer
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for a highly passionate and motivated individual who will put quality assurance and process automation at the forefront to build highly reliable products for our users.
The Role of the Test Automation Engineer will entail the design, build, test, and deployment of effective test automation solutions. To fulfill this role the Test Engineer will require a strong understanding of different testing strategies, approaches and techniques and the technical ability to apply appropriate automation technologies to meet the short and long term goals of the testing organization. The role objective is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code / scripts and building a robust set of regression testing suite through the adoption of appropriate application testing approaches as well as system development techniques. The focus will be to reduce the manual effort required in testing to reduce the effort needed by both technical and business teams in performing user acceptance tests as well as system regression. The role will also ensure reduced time to market in getting solutions out to business while at the same time reduce the risk of system failing once they are deployed.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the job reference number TAE/SSD/2018
• Define a test automation strategy for key bank systems based on a broad risk based analysis in collaboration with the technical teams and business partners in addition to providing expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
• Guide solution developers to ensure they instrument the application code in order to enable effective and repetitive unit testing of the code before it is incorporated into the current build.
• Develop automated solutions to expedite test. This will be in the form of tooling to increase the efficiency of test preparation and / or the creation automated of test cases.
• Put the power of automation into the hands of Test Designers / Testers. The Test Engineer will deploy the simplest solution to meet the defined need with the aim to effectively automate the testing effort.
• Develop and deploy automated solutions to expedite acceptance test by use of automation tools as part of Acceptance Test and execution of automated test solution as part of the System being deployed.
• Undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence by identifying problems and working with technical teams and business to resolve them.
• Have a clear grasp of the testing mandate by proactively determining what should be automated and in what sequence to get the maximum return on the automation investment while defining the scope of test automation within the context of each release/delivery.
• Review system performance, identify opportunities for improvement and implement appropriate measurements and metrics against products under test.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Strategizing; Risk analysis; Big data and data analytics; Software architecture; Testing and debugging; Programming; TroubleshootingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply