Job verified by Fuzu
Summit Recruitment &Training | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Tour Consultant Intern
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Restaurant, hospitality, travel
- Intern or trainee
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.Jobs in Restaurant, hospitality, travelEntry-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Our client, a premier destination management company is looking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic Tour Consultant Intern to respond to customer enquiries and successfully quote and manage tour and travel products for clients. The ideal candidate must have at least 6 months experience in the sector of tours and travel operations management. He/she must have Degree / Diploma in Tourism related field.
• Develop own sales strategy to bring in more revenue and also build sustainable relationships with agents & suppliers.
• Design and quote creative itineraries and proposals.
• Capture bookings in Granit operating system and confirm required services with suppliers.
• Negotiate with suppliers for better rates, cancellation policies and FOCs.
• Find new suppliers that offer good service and better rates.
• Prepare effective cost sheets in line with the company’s profit margin policy.
• Confirm & follow up pending quotes with Agents/Clients.
• Manage efficiently & professionally all areas of tour file administration.
• Compile welcome packs and client itineraries including guide documentation & briefing.
Execute operational programmes including entertainment, MAAS, briefing and de-briefing of Clients.
• Demonstrate good communication skills & customer care in all dealings with Agents/Clients.
• Liaise with the Accountant to raise Sales invoice and ensure payment collection.
• Compile the Tour Cost Analysis to assist with supplier invoices processing.
• Build and sustain business relationships with suppliers and other key stakeholders in tourism.
• Participate in product launches, trade fairs/shows and other promotional activities.
• Develop and maintain a profile listing of all hotels & lodges in Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar with their highlights, facilities and room capacities.
• Stay current on events and changes in suppliers and products.
• Update operational data and information in our operational systems.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Restaurant, hospitality, travelSeniority
: Intern or trainee
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 6 monthsRequired skills
: Customer service; Business development; Sales strategy; Supplier evaluation and management; Payment collection; Travel planning and reservations (leisure, business)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)