Salary range: Confidential | Contract type:
You have today left to apply for this job.
A leading Tours & Travel Company seeks to recruit a Travel Consultant who will be tasked with ensuring the clients are offered quality services at any particular time and the company policies are adhered to.
1. Handling enquiries for inbound and out bound travel for corporates and walk in clients, and ensure all the enquiries have been responded to within 24hrs.Time taken to respond on enquiries.
2. Ensure hotels, restaurants and excursions booking for clients are done and timely, and manage the bookings to avoid penalties by cancelling bookings which do not mature. This should be clearly communicated to the client of the laid down policies& procedures on booking before doing any booking.
No of complaints in a month.
No of cancelled bookings in a month.
3. Ensure all payments are made to the suppliers in good time and in advance.
No of payments not done on time in a month.
4. Prepare and translate itineraries to clients for the various destinations of interest and make sure that all travel arrangements run according to the program.No of wrong itineraries done in a month.
5. Exploring and identifying new business opportunities in a competitive and rapidly changing industry.No of new opportunities/business brought in a month.
6. Researching, developing and creating interesting tour packages to clients to meet market demand.No of new tour packages brought in a month.
7. Ensuring you have good contact base with hotels partners and service providers for best competitive rates.No of contact database.
8. Ensure the vehicles are inspected and have stickers if they are hired, the drivers are briefed and a welcome pack for clients is ready before start of the journey. And being on standby to provide solutions in case of a problem during safari by providing contacts.
% efficiency of the trip.
9. Ensure tour quotations are competitive and do follow ups. And they are clearly marked to avoid confusion/disputes with the clients.No of wrong quotations done in a month.
10. Ensure client’s special request especially on accommodation & room specification, driver guide language, meals and others are prearranged. % efficiency of communication and preparedness of the clients.
11. Give travel informational to customers (Visa and Health requirements.% wrong advise and briefing given to customers.
12. Ensure you brief the clients before the trip by providing estimated distance from different points, giving hotel website links and trip advisors.
No of wrong information/ clients complains in a month.
13. Coordinating with travel consultants to arrange flying and ground packages. % efficiency on coordination.
14. Ensure you open tour files for upcoming tours and especially the group.
% of your recording/documentation.
15. You may be required to accompany travel groups if need be.
16. Handle all complaints in a professional manner and timely and inform the manager on the issue.% efficiency of how the complains had been handledRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)