Trader Account Manager
Salary range: KSh30,000 - KSh50,000 | Contract type: Permanent
The position of Trader Account Manager is the most important one in LishaBora. This is a field based sales position with the goal of meeting informal dairy traders, assess if they are going to be good people for LishaBora to work with and then sell them our products and services.
LishaBora has a very unique value proposition that is highly attractive to informal traders. It is the duty of this position to determine if we want to work with the traders. Once we partner with a trader, teaching them how to use our mobile application, it will be your responsibility to help them to use the technology to manage their business while selling inputs and other products to their farmers.
This role will do the following activities:
- Making introductions and getting leads for new Dairy Traders who want to use our technology.
- Training them on the systems and giving them demos
- Assessing the feasibility of working with a trader and the potential for business with that trader or group of traders.
- Onboard the trader or the group of traders by going with them on milk collection routes to make sure no issues arise.
- Sell LishaBora feeds and other farm inputs to the farmers of the trader and train the traders how to manage the logistics of this with their farmers.
This position is based in Southern Nyandarua, and will require the applicant to live in that area or commute each day while still working full hours. Traders often ride on motorcycles, so this is very common to have to do in order to work with them. Hours are variable with milk collections happening very early in the morning.
Being the key role in the business. There are many responsibilities this person will need to take on. This list is not exhaustive and may change from time to time:
- Meet with Traders and give them a fair representation of the company, our ability and the products and services that we offer.
- Make honest assessments of a Trader and the ability of LishaBora to conduct business with them.
- Manage the sale of products and services to the farmers while overseeing the trainings for the farmers and other marketing activities.
- Keep strong and personal relationships with all the traders that are being worked with.
- Be responsible for helping solve issues that are faced by traders in regards to the technology platform or sales and marketing.
- Manage a CRM of all the traders. This is done on Google Sheets so a strong understanding of how to use this and other Google products and services.
Due to the nature of the work and the location of this position, all applicants must be fluent in Kikuyu
. In order to be able to do this job, you need to be very well versed and comfortable with mobile technology. You need to be very energetic, personable and have a positive attitude, changing an industry does not come easy! Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Verbal communication; Reporting; Installing new software; Public speaking; Ability to coordinate; Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook; Training program planning; Sales management; Self-confidence; MarketingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)