Job verified by Fuzu
Schneider Electric | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Transport and Customs Manager
- Bachelor's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Transport and Customs ManagerOffice Assistant 5 / Driver- Gulu
Principal Procurement Officer
The Public Service Commission (Uganda)
Summit Recruitment &Training
Jobs in Transportation, logistics, drivingMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Responsible for managing the transportation department or unit or a company. Hires, trains, trucks, air and supervise employees and manages scheduling of shipments. Including provide the assistance to shipping/forwarder agencies for our customs process and correct tariff codes identification. And this will include process improvement for transportation and customs process to get more productivity and efficiency. Initiative ideas on cost saving/reduction.
Transportation & Process Improvement
• Oversee transportation department, including its assets and employees.
• Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain, warehouse to the end user.
• Supervise air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions.
• Establish quality transportation services.
• Develop partnerships with outside carriers in shipping.
• Plan and implement budgets.
• Utilize services of less-than-truckload carriers and air-forwarders to handle fulfillment shipments.
• Supervise scheduling of shipments.
• Review financial reports.
• Manage performance of branch employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery.
• Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities.
• Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, coach, and mentor shipping clerks and transport drivers [if any].
• Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
Custom & Process Improvement
• Manage, direct, and monitor multiple customs brokerage teams on customs process and improvement.
• Plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries.
• Provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to our customs brokerage and manage to budget.
• Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
• Maintain active communication with customs brokerage to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
• To make sure laws are enforced at any port of entry (e.g., borders, airports) into the country.
• To make sure, for example, that items don't make it into Thailand that aren't allowed in. The customs in charge [his/her] has to know what products are allowed in and what products must be confiscated.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Operative management; Customs clearance; Logistics planning and management; CoachingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)