Fuzu Exclusive Job
Securex Agencies (K) LTD | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
TRANSPORT OFFICER - UGANDA
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to TRANSPORT OFFICER - UGANDAStores Assistant-Uganda
Exquisite Solution Limited (Uganda)
Stores & Warehouse Analyst - Zurit
Duty Manager Flight Dispatch
Buyer-Logistics, Raw and Packaging
Jobs in Transportation, logistics, drivingMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
In Charge of Fleet and Fuel Management.
1. Ensure that you receive vehicles in good working condition through inspection & any other means of certification for good performance.
2. Timely allocate vehicles to tasks at hand to ensure punctuality & efficiency in performance.
3. Control & monitor all the vehicles that you have allocated in order to check illegal movements, misuse & cleanliness.
4. Ensure that vehicles are only driven by the company authorized personnel.
5. Ensure that there are no unauthorized passengers in the company vehicles.
6. Ensure that the vehicles are branded as scheduled.
7. Ensure that the fleet is clean & free of vermin like bed-bugs.
8. Ensure that the packing is professional & orderly.
9. Set the acceptable times for covering distances.
10. Ensure that safety precautions are adhered to in the vehicle usage.
11. Liaise with the traffic authorities & the Company Investigator when there will be any traffic issues.
12. Ensure that the fleet meets all the legal requirements to be on road.
13. Monitor service mileage so that servicing is timely.
14. Check the vehicle performance after break-downs & service to ensure that they are fit for use.
15. Check the drivers for suitability of deployment.
16. Be the first contact for drivers’ practical interview, appraisals, welfare, disciplinary & resignation issues.
17. Ensure optimum performance from drivers through fair, impartial treatment & deployment of drivers.
18. Ensure compliance with the national laws & company polices/regulations in the operations of the fleet.
19. Allocate vehicles duties outside their routine with the approval of the respective HOD of the department where the vehicle is officially serving.
20. Change drivers in consultation with the respective HODs & sufficient justification.
1. Strive to reduce fuel costs & consumption.
2. Alert all company vehicle users (HODs, Commanders & drivers) of the acceptable kilometer per liter coverage of each vehicle.
3. Monitor all vehicles to ensure that their kilometer per liter output is within limit.
4. Issue fuel to company vehicles with the HOD’s knowledge & approval.
5. Avoid having vehicles stuck on the way for lack of fuel.
6. Design controls of fuel to ensure value for fuelling.
7. Verify the fuel issue vouchers for accuracy.
8. Prepare daily fueling reports.
9. Advise the company on the fuel effects in our engines in consultation with the workshop.
10. Ensure that the fuel pre-payment data is in place in time for accounts to refer to for payments.
11. Compute the right quantities of fuel needed for the long journeys to avoid getting stuck as well as wastage.
12. Advise the company on fuel quantities.
13. Prepare all fuel reports as required by procedure.
14. Ensure that fuelling does not interrupt smooth operation of department i.e. not interfering with efficiency.
15. Prepare fuelling schedules.
16. Ensure that fuel is received from UNBS certified suppliers & check to confirm that the fuelling pumps do not cheat the company.
17. Ensure that fuel is not syphoned out of the vehicles.
18. Perform any other job/assignment as from time to time determined by management.
19. Carry out any other tasks that management will deem fit to allocate you.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedJob start date
: Thursday, March 1, 2018Contract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Vehicle maintenance and repair; Compliance; Logistics planning and management; Fleet management; Route planningRequired languages:
Luganda (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)