Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). These posts are located in the Support Services Service, Division of Administrative Services, UNON.
The incumbents will report directly to the Chief, Travel, Shipping and Visa Unit and, within delegated authority, assist in the following duties:
Provides information to staff members and delegations on entitlements, policy and procedures on official travel, removal of personal effects arrangements in accordance with governing rules and regulations.
• Reviews travel and shipment requests in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System to ensure conformity with applicable rules.
• Calculates airfares and constructs itineraries for staff and dependents, delegations and non-staff (consultants, meeting participants and contractors) traveling on official business in line with the most economical and direct route. Liaises with contracted travel agency on complex itineraries and issuance of tickets.
• Approves travel and shipment authorizations including amendments.
• Calculates and records lump-sum entitlements. Request and record refunds in ERP.
• Performs partial and complete cancellation of Travel Requests in ERP, if applicable.
• Processes expense reports that are routed to travel unit in accordance with rules and regulations.
• Co-ordinates arrangements for removal of personal effects for staff members worldwide including registering shipments and insurance coverage, insurance claims and reviewing invoices.
• Provides ERP support on travel related issues to staff members. Performs ad-hoc duties as required.Required education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)