Uganda Country Manager
An anonymous Employer Kampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 12 days left to apply for this job.
Are you passionate about (rural) development? Do you have an excellent network in Uganda’s agriculture sector, including with relevant civil-society organisations? Do you have a track record in project management, fundraising, policy influencing or market systems development? The organisation is a global civil society organization that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different global supply chains. They work on developing inclusive economies that bring supply chain actors together to achieve sustainable production, and creating consumer awareness to promote sustainable consumption.You have experience in either market systems development or policy influencing in East Africa. You understand project cycle management and have effectively implemented donor-funded projects in East Africa. You are passionate about nature conservation and improving the livelihoods of rural people. You are an energetic team player, bring excellent representation skills and are able to connect with others easily. You take initiative and are an analytical thinker.
Role & Responsibilities
As Uganda Country Manager, you will:
- Build, strengthen and deepen relationships with partners, including governments, donors, and private sector, in particular in the agriculture sector.
- Influence the donor agenda and advise on sustainable development strategies on sustainable supply chain management related to sustainable production and consumption.
- Co-create and co-deisgn programmes, including public-private partnerships, that address the combined plight of rural people and their environment.
- Develop inclusive value propositions and proposals for dedicated companies in relevant sectors, including business models for smallholder farmers.
- Secure project and programme funding from a diversy portfolio of funders and developemtn partners.
- Support contract development and management.
- Represent the organisation in global, regional and national events, as well as present our work at key fora and expert meetings.
Main Experience and Job Requirements
- Relevant academic level education, Master or higher – in relevant field e.g. Agriculture, Public Policy, Development Studies, Project Management, Strategic Management etc.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience and an excellent professional network within Eastern and Central Africa.
- An understanding of the policy environment, issues and stakeholders in the agriculture and/or agribusiness sector in East and Central Africa.
- You have a track record in proposal development and/or fundraising.
- Experience of leading and managing small teams.
- Experience designing, implementing and management new projects and programmes
- Intercultural sensitivity, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Very good networking and representation skills, proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, other language skills proficiencies desirable.
- Good command of a second language (e.g. French) is a bonus.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 10 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
12 days left to apply