Uganda Operation Branch Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 19 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania,and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Kampala Branch Manager
Sokowatch is searching for a Kampala Branch Manager to support the launch of a new office in Kampala across both operations and performance. The Kampala Branch Manager will be the head of all agents in Sokowatch in Kampala. The role will maintain control of diverse business operations, requiring efficiency and focused prioritization.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Requirements:The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
- Fluency in English and Luganda (Swahili a plus)
- 5 years experience in operation field/Sales Management
- Proficient with web and desktop applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience leading a team and motivating teammates to perform at their very best
- A hunger to succeed like never before and build a business from the ground up
- Manage overall Kampala performance
- Ensure weekly/monthly/quarterly revenue, recruitment, and productivity targets are met
- Drive sales and recruiting efforts of a team of delivery agents
- Responsible for the creation and the cultivation of the Sokowatch Customer Experience
- Manage and direct agent team to achieve business targets
- Build strong relationship by addressing customer issues and complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist in employee appraisals, promotions, compensation and termination based on the performance review.
- Provide operational support and guidance to staff.
- Assist in interviewing, recruiting and training candidates.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide performance feedback to staff.
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation for operational procedures and activities.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure team follows standard operating procedures for all operational functions.
- Conduct regular meetings with team to discuss about issues, concerns, updates etc.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)