Uganda People and Culture Associate
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: People and Culture Manager
Your role is to build and maintain a high-performance team for an ambitious pan-African company. You are a driver of employee satisfaction and performance, by ensuring efficient and effective execution of the full spectrum of HR service.
You will support teams and managers through fostering the company values and culture while providing HR guidance. You hire the best and help nurture talent throughout the employee life cycle.Locations:
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor or Master in HR Management or equivalent
- Legal degree added advantage
- Very strong in oral and written communication in English incl. interviewing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, has a basic understanding of psychology;
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of the job requirements;
- Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver, public speaker and customer services person;
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Skilful at investigating matters, gathering and analyzing information;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions;
- Ability to conduct basic training for group of employees (e.g. onboarding);
- Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships;
- Able to handle difficult conversations effectively.
- Onboarding process for all new employees
- Manage all employee records in a confidential manner, including recruitment and exiting records;
- Talent management;
- Exit management
- Performance management
- Management of employee benefits and welfare
- Have deep understanding of Ugandan labor laws and practice.
- Providing guidance / advisory service on best HR practises category managers;
- Counsel staff on issues that affect their productivity;
- Ensure the organization chart is kept up to date
- You must be able to positively connect with all level staff and managers, gain and maintain their trust and confidence, as well as maintain confidentiality of all information that you become aware of during the execution of your duties;
- You must be organized, able to multi-task and deliver on multiple requests in a compassionate, legally compliant and timely manner;
- Assist in implementing any HR projects
- Recruitment of all field staff.
- Coordination of office staff recruitment.
- Undertake any lawful duties as may be assigned by the Global Head of People.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself