Job verified by Fuzu
County Government of Makueni | Makueni, Makueni, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Unit Head - Counselling Services
- Bachelor's degree
- Medical, health
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Unit Head - Counselling ServicesMidwife Mentor- Uganda
Technical Advisor, Health Systems Strengthening (Uganda)
Clinical Practice Manager
HIV Advisor for Testing and Treatment
John Snow, Inc
Jobs in Medical, healthSenior jobsJobs located in Makueni, Makueni
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 16 th February, 2018.
(i) Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
• The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
• The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(iv) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(v) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of Master’s Degree in Counselling or a Master’s Degree in any of the Social Sciences with a Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling from a recognized institution;
• Served in a similar or a comparable position for at least three (3) years;
• Attended a strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks;
• Attended counsellor Supervision Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
• Attended Trainer of Facilitation Course in Psychological Counselling lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
• Attended a Psychological Debriefing Course lasting not less than one week;
• Proficiency in Computer Applications;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Be a registered member of the Kenya Counsellors and Psychologists Association;
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity
The unit head will be responsible for the following:
• Initiating and preparing departmental advisory meetings;
• Following-up on counselling development projects in the field;
• monitoring implementation and evaluation of accounting and management systems as well as guidelines for counselling;
• Providing counsellor supervision to field officers to ensure that counselling activities are conducted efficiently;
• keeping appropriate records;
• Conducting research in counselling and supervising staff working under the officer;
• In addition, the officer will; provide guidance and counselling services to employees;
• promote personal and social development appropriate to career development;
• Provide appropriate interventions to assist employees/clients with psycho-social related problems;
• Identify employees or other stakeholder with social, psychological or health related problems;
• Organize seminars and workshops on guidance and counselling matters;
• Training and supervision of other psychologists;
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Makueni, MakueniArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Counseling; Meeting preparation; Public health; Research planning; Documentation and record keeping; PsychiatryRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)