User Experience Designer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Want to be part of building one of the world’s most advanced online services – while helping millions of people to unleash their hidden potential?
Fuzu is looking for a seasoned User Experience Designer who lives and breathes online services, has a bottomless toolbox of UX design methods and is almost neurotic about details, and shares our mission of helping people and organizations to grow. The perfect candidate would join Fuzu Design Team in Nairobi and work with the rest of the global Fuzu team.
What is Fuzu?
For individuals, Fuzu is an online career companion that turns desperate job-hunting into a life-enriching journey – by providing career guidance, online mentoring and employment opportunities. For organizations, Fuzu helps to attract new talent, to recruit more efficiently and to develop skills and competencies of the staff, ensuring growth throughout their careers.
Why is being part of the Fuzu team so awesome?
• We are the fastest growing career community in Africa
• You will be helping thousands (and hopefully millions) job seekers like yourself Dream, Grow and Be Found
• You will be part of a team that is fun, witty, fair and works smart
• You will be given every opportunity to grow and learn, to take your career to the next level
• You will be working with an experienced team that has over 50 years of experience in emerging markets across Africa as well as extensive experience in Europe and the StatesRequirements
• Knowledge of user experience design methods and design thinking
• Mastery of UX design tools, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in service prototyping and usability testing
• Experience in UX development for a complex, paid online services
• Experience in global team work
• Front-end development skills are a plus
- Being the creator of high quality user experience concepts and designs
- Reviewing designs with other Design team members and broader Fuzu team
- Testing and validating concepts and user interface designs
- Producing specifications for implementation and working with the developersRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Mobile applications; Agile and Lean methodologies; Testing and debugging; User experience (UX and UI) design; Design Thinking; Web service and application development; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)