Job verified by Fuzu
Co-operative Bank | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
User Experience (UX) Developer
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Do you dream of designing products that have a positive impact on a global scale? Are you a well-rounded developer looking to join a high performing team where your impact will be recognized immediately? We are hiring for an experienced user experience developer to take part in interdisciplinary projects and bring his/her own unique talents to our design team dynamic.
In this position, you will be part of a team responsible for the ideation and development of prototypes to explore and showcase forward thinking concepts. In particular, you will be helping to research and build experiences related to automated systems. Projects will range from well-defined applications to addressing experimental research questions to building interaction frameworks.
The ideal candidate is both an engineer and designer who strives to find the perfect balance between form and function, and is passionate about envisioning how the world should be in 5-10 years. You must be resourceful, creative, and comfortable utilizing a wide array of techniques to bring your ideas that are user friendly to life.
Reporting to Head – Digital Hub, the UX Developer will be responsible for the development of mobile and web based applications using latest technologies on android, iOS etc. while assuring security and cross-browser compatibility. He/she will combine research and design skills together to understand the user needs and produce concepts/solutions/designs that people want to use. Additionally, the successful candidate will make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions & features while taking a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate the designs
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the job reference number UXD/SSD/2018
• Combine research and design skills together to understand the user needs and produce concepts/solutions/designs that people want to use.
• Translate Concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Facilitate customer’s product vision by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mockups optimized for a wide range of interfaces and applications.
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Develop mobile and web based applications using latest technologies on android, iOS etc. while assuring security and cross-browser compatibility
• Prototyping of UX designs for the digital lab.
• API development on REST, SOAP and other relevant technologies like node.js, Java, PHP.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of user interface/user experience designs.
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability and ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
• Implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO) capabilities using SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
• Use Google maps API, google analytics, charts, graphs and such tools to enrich the UX delivery.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Quality management; Research and development; User experience (UX and UI) design; Web and mobile browsers; Search engine optimization (SEO); Version control and configuration management; Java; Web service and application development; PHPRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply