Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers which is scheduled to take place in the months of August and September 2018.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with statutory body where applicable. The initial training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
Must be holders of at least a Bachelor degree in Veterinary Medicine from a recognized University and be registered with the Kenya Veterinary Board
1) Examine animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries.
2) Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery
3) Inoculate animals against various diseases such as rabies and distemper.
4) Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis
5) Operate diagnostic equipment such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images
6) Research diseases to which animals could be susceptible.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Pest and disease control; Radiography and X-ray; Immunization; Veterinary medicine; Wound careRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)