Virtual Care Doctor
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Antara Health is looking for a dynamic Medical Officer or Family Medicine Physician with clinical experience to be our Virtual Care Lead.
Be part of a healthcare’s next frontier. A seamless mixture of in-person and virtual care to focus on patient’s needs and drive great health outcomes.
Antara’s virtual care doctor will be responsible for providing high quality care to Antara’s beneficiaries via Antara’s virtual care platform. Said care can be provided via text, voice or video. S/he will be working hand in hand with Antara Health’s team of health Navigators, whose responsibility is coordinating the longitudinal care and follow-up of all Antara beneficiaries.
S/he will be responsible for developing virtual care protocols and pathways, supporting Antara’s team of Health Navigators, liaising with Antara’s clinical partners and managing the virtual clinical practice of Antara health as the company grows. As a priority, the virtual care doctor will promote, maintain, and improve the health of the beneficiary, through high quality virtual care encounters, follow-up diligently and help design the best practices of Antara’s Health Navigators and clinicians.
Antara’s virtual care doctor will also support Antara’s Health Navigators (Nurses and Clinical Officers) to do onsite onboarding/baselines for new beneficiaries.
● KCSE Certificate holders with a preference for KMTC Nursing Certification; Clinical Officers; or Pharmacy Technicians with minimum 3 years’ full-time work experience.
● Successful completion of at least one formal training programme in community health, such as from an educational institution or implementing organization is preferred. Experience working in a community-based setting for at least 1 to 2 years preferred.
● Superior written and oral fluency in Swahili and English required. Oral fluency in local languages is important
● Experience working in a multicultural setting.
● Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and customer relationship management (CRM) systems. .
● Experience in administrative or accounting/finance functions preferred.
● Superior communication skills, including proven listening skills, and ability to communicate appropriately in a medical setting.
● Ability and willingness to provide emotional support, encouragement and motivation to patients.
● Ability to treat customers with the highest degree of respect and discretion.
Our clinical lead will be responsible for managing all incoming virtual consultations as well as managing the clinical learning and quality control of a team of trained nurses providing Health Navigation to Antara’s beneficiaries.
The clinical lead will be responsible for:
● Providing high quality clinical care via text, phone or video for any Antara beneficiary seeking virtual care services
● Supporting the Health Navigation team to provide the best possible healthcare experience for Antara’s beneficiaries
● Generating and adapting clinical pathways/protocols for the Antara team
● Liaising with Antara’s clinical service providers’ clinical team to harmonize protocols and pathways
● High quality clinical care provided via Antara’s virtual care platform
● Rationalized use of clinical and medication resources
● High customer satisfaction rating
● Daily clinical update on relevant virtual care encounters with key learning objectives
● Ensure virtual visits are logged into the system properly, an assessment/diagnosis and a plan generated.
● Follow up with partner providers for any critical and necessary information required to manage the beneficiary’s case well, including care management plans, prescriptions, etc.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
1 days left to apply