VP of Marketing
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 17 days left to apply for this job.
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Nairobi, Kampala, Nigeria, and Barcelona, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
What we are looking for
SafeBoda is looking for a VP of Marketing to drive SafeBoda towards being the best consumer platform in Africa. The ideal candidate will have both strong marketing, brand and customer acquisition experience and a start-up mentality. The position will drive key strategic decisions for the company and will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s future.
● Lead SafeBoda’s marketing and brand efforts, managing a large team across all geographies Required education
● Proactively identify opportunities to grow SafeBoda’s brand awareness, both online and offline. To note, offline is particularly important for our markets.
● Lead the efforts in telling our story, working to enhance and build SafeBoda presence across our markets in Africa.
● Design and develop cross-channel customer growth programs to improve activation, retention, and loyalty. Specifically: ATL Media, Digital channels, PR & influencer marketing & events
● Coordinate with global management and country teams on the strategy to acquire customers and build a great brand.
You should have
● +5 years of professional experience, with strong knowledge of marketing, growth hacking, and branding, consumer products
● Proven leadership and management experience at scale is essential - managing multiple deadlines with a large and diverse team. Strong leadership skills are a must for this role.
● Expert in digital marketing and managing multiple campaigns, understanding ROI and other key metrics. Understand the leading industry acquisition methods.
● Proven business planning and management skills - exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve. Structured hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving is a must.
● Data driven - be able to analyse data and marketing analytics to make informed investment decisions and to report on the effectiveness and efficiency of growth drivers - be confident using Excel or other tools to collect, analyse and present sets of data. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders and being open to new ideas and feedback.
● Understand our users - track record of leveraging both internal user data and consumer insights work to help define the product experience. Lives and breathes the user experience by having immersed themselves in user trends, research and live interactions. Complements all decisions with supportive analytics and has shown a bias to test/measure performance continuously.
● Excellent storytelling skills - you’re a gifted writer with a strong creative eye - you’re able to tell the stories and create ads that you know will appeal to our customers and partners, and you do so in a compelling way to build our brand.
● Getting things done - you have an entrepreneurial mindset, applied at scale and through working with others. Ruthless about the prioritization of goals, strategies and individual tasks. You should be able to create a culture of flawless execution, timely delivery and of a high quality.
● Strong academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades.
● Be well connected, you know who the cool cats are and how to get our app in their hands.
● Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
● Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
● Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
● Competitive salary
● Free SafeBoda transport
● Free lunch every day
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself