Warehousing and Logistics Associate - Elgeyo Marakwet
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 15 days left to apply for this job.
Apollo Agriculture uses satellite data, machine learning, and mobile phones to help African farmers increase their production through access to credit, high-quality farm inputs, and customized advice. We are a team of software engineers, data scientists, economists, and operators with deep experience from The Climate Corporation, One Acre Fund, Google, and ACRE. We value evangelical pursuit of mission with a pragmatic approach, humility in the face of challenge, active discussion of disagreements, and considerate listening.
About the role:
Apollo Agriculture is seeking experienced and talented individuals to take up the Warehousing and Logistics Associate position in the Logistics & Distribution Department. The Warehousing and Logistics Assistant will be based at the Apollo Warehouse in Elgeyo Marakwet. The Assistant will report directly to the Logistics and Distribution Associate. This is a contract position running up until June 2021.
● Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers.
● Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise.
● Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve.
● Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree.
● Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth.
● Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment.
● Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect.
● Are excited to hear from you!
What you will do:
● Distribution partners recruitment, onboarding, and continuous training.
● On-ground logistics support for Apollo field activities.
● Distribution channel relationship management to include stocking & technical support for Apollo partners.
● On-ground escalations resolution for Apollo Teams.
● Apollo & other partners connector.
● On the ground Insights on channel development and overall processes improvements.
● Improving brand visibility via the channel.
● Other channels explorations and testing.
What is required from the Candidate:
● Have 1-2 years’ experience in distribution/channel management.
● Have experience in a fast-paced start-up environment (added advantage).
● Possess a related University Degree qualification from an accredited institution.
● Have heart and grit!
● Can establish priorities and multi-task.
● Are analytical, computer literate, proactive and team player.
● Are a self-starter and someone who takes initiative.
● Are proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Email.
● Have strong work ethic - will be responsible for Specific areas.
● Have integrity - you will bear personal responsibility for your area of operation.
● Possess working knowledge of an inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
● Have the ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
● Have an analytical mind with strong math skills.
● Possess excellent organizational and planning skills
● Have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
● Have at least 3 able and willing guarantors.
● Possess a certificate of good conduct certified by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
15 days left to apply