Job verified by Fuzu
SNV Netherlands Development Organization | Kilifi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
WASH Advisor & Governance Anchor
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Reporting to the Team Leader SSH4A, the WASH Advisor will manage implementation of the SSH4A programme in Kilifi County and provide guidance to the country team in addressing emerging issues as well as support the SSH4A Team Leader in strategy development, corrective action and reporting on the Governance component. As the Governance Anchor, the WASH Advisor will contribute to learning in the country as well as across the other 8 countries.
For programme implementation at county level, the WASH Advisor will work closely with the county department for health as well as sanitation business enterprises. He/she will be responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating programme interventions in the county. He/she will build strong partnerships with the relevant county departments and business enterprises and inspire them towards collective action. The WASH Advisor will bear responsibility for achievement of programme results in the county.
Responsibilities as a Governance Anchor
• Provide advice and support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of good governance initiatives, strategies, policies and legislation;
• Support and coach County Advisors to design capacity building activities for planning, budgeting, monitoring, and documentation;
• Review and advise on appropriate regulation and enforcement initiatives to ensure that county regulation is aligned with national legal frameworks;
• Continuously update the instruments and tools for knowledge management/ information-sharing with best practices and relevant governance issues.
Responsibilities at County Level
• Manage the implementation of the four SSH4A components at county level.
• Prepare county intervention plans and budgets in collaboration with programme partners
• Coordinate programme interventions with the respective focal points of Programme partners
• Monitor and analyse progress made on programme implementation; identify problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions.
• Financial management of programme interventions
• Prepare progress reports for all county interventions
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KilifiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Partnerships; Technical support; Programme management; Mentoring and coaching; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply