Job verified by Fuzu
American Refugee Committee | Kampala, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
WASH and Infrastructure Technical Coordinator
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The American Refugee Committee ( ARC ) works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people and host communities to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security and self-sufficiency. ARC presently works in and with partners in ten countries globally. ARC has been operational in Uganda since 1994. The overall goal of the Uganda program is to improve the well-being and self-reliance of the displaced refugee populations by ensuring the provision of services in WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) SGBV, Protection, Child Protection, and Mental Health & Psycho-Social Support in six refugee settlements in Uganda.
ARC Uganda program is looking for a qualiﬁed, self-driven and committed individual to join our national level Program team in the position of WASH and Infrastructure Technical Coordinator, based at ARC Kampala main office. The position reports to the Senior Program Coordinator.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. A Master's Degree in Civil Engineering, Water and Environment Management, or related field is an added advantage.
- Technical design skills using AutoCAD or Arch CAD, EPI lnfo and WaterCAD or any other hydraulic modeling software is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in development or humanitarian sector WASH programming, preferably in leadership roles.
- Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Uganda and regional WASH funding mechanisms, priorities, and emerging opportunities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively. Strong computer/ IT skills.
- Strong proposal writing skills.
- Ability / expertise to guide strategically ARC‘s Uganda WASH programming.
- Good sense of responsibility, highly organized with relevant NGO experience.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Able to work in a team, motivate others, and promote staff capacity building.
- Ability to apply creative thinking to practical problem solving with an aim of improving service delivery.
- Sense of humor, ability to manage heavy workloads while maintaining positive attitude, interest in leading by example.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are required to submit one page cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor - via email with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line.
- Serve as ARC‘s Kampala-level Focal Point for all WASH Coordination events/meetings, both within Uganda and regional (as requested), ensuring active ARC presence at coordination events and relay of information shared at coordination events to ARC Senior Management.
- Guide ARC‘s WASH programming profile country—wide, with an emphasis on field-level planning with WASH teams, the development and verification / updating of WASH sector work plans, and provision of active support where needed at areas of ARC WASH intervention.
- Via engagement with donors and WASH staff, develop accurate and effective technical drawings, hydraulic models, and other guiding documents for practical use by field teams to guide works as well as for integration into bid documents, donor reports, etc.
- In coordination with site-level WASH and other sector leadership, monitor the development and completion of WASH and other sector infrastructure, from contracting to completion point, ensuring works carried out via ARC direct implementation and those carried out by engaged contractors are oi high standard and reflect best practices as well as 0PM and donor requirements for infrastructure developed to support refugees.
- Lead ARC’s engagement with potential new donors and partners that can facilitate the expansion of ARC’s WASH program, with emphasis not only place on traditional donors to humanitarian response and development programming but also on non-traditional and private sector donors.
- As per requests, support WASH Operations in the field with on-site presence, often for up to two weeks.
- Ensure that ARC WASH programming at field sites is put in place with consideration of various national-level and District-level water and sanitation bodies, ensuring a harmonized approach that takes advantage of the strengths found in national and District-level partners with WASH goals/objectives reflecting those of ARC.
- Contribute to ARC Uganda Country Program strategy formation, particularly within the WASH sector.
- Contribute to proposal development, providing high quality and well researched elements to proposals when requested.
- As requested, provide leadership in planning and executing WASH assessments meant to inform either ongoing programming or proposal development processes.
- Other duties as requested by Senior Management.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KampalaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Computer aided design (CAD); Stakeholder communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Programme management; Bidding and proposal generation; EngineeringRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply