Job verified by Fuzu
Danish Refugee Council | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Wash Assistant (Hygiene and Sanitation)-Uganda
Click to apply
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
This position is based in Rhino camp and will be providing support to the implementation of DRC WASH Program. The job will require frequent travel within the project Area including constant support to neighboring camps such as Imvepi.
• Applications should be in English and include the following:
• A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
• Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
• Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email by 15th March 2018 5:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line.
The post refers to a trained DRC staff with vast knowledge of the contextual area of operations and responsible for the day to day running of water systems including but not limited to water quality, borehole repairs, as well as support to other water systems.
• Work with local leaders at community levels in identifying, mobilizing and sensitizing target communities for water, sanitation and hygiene promotion
• Create linkages between the communities and the project, the local government extension staff and the target communities in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, promotion.
• Together with the government extension staff, specifically, the Health Assistants (HA s), Village Health Teams (VHTs), & Parish Development Committees (PDCs) play a lead role in mapping out communities for village sanitation improvement, especially during the CLTS/PHAST role out exercise.
• Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/protected water sources.
• Formation/training of Water supply and sanitation committees for the established/rehabilitated/protected water sources.
• Participate in collection of useful data, success stories and beneficiary lists as required
• Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
• Assist the WASH Officer in inspection of boreholes, shallow wells and water pumps and other water supply systems to ensure they are operational.
Coordination and representation:
• Represent DRC at WASH Hygiene and sanitation exercises in the field.
• Ensure integration of WASH activities with other DRC sectors.
• Coordinate with WASH counterparts in Rhino camp in the implementation of common funded projects.
• Ensure good representation and reputation of WASH Sector at all levels.
• Actively participate in internal and external coordination meetings.
• Together with the WASH Officer, initiate development of project concepts and proposal documents in respect to hygiene and sanitation
• Develop the project’s M&E tools for monitoring hygiene promoters at community level.
Project implementation and reporting:
• Ensure hygiene and sanitation standards are met in accordance to Sphere, UNHCR and the Uganda National standards.
• Prepare WASH daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports and timely submission to relevant authorities.
• Execute other duties as signed by the supervisor,
• Work with Community Based Hygiene Promoters and local leaders to ensure proper dissemination of information on water issues to beneficiaries for improvement.
• Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability.
• Develop and agree on own performance objectives, targets and ensure appraisals are conducted on the set targets as required.
• Conduct daily field visits to support other field staff on implementation of WASH.
• Support the WASH Officers to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups on a daily/weekly/ annual basis especially on hygiene and sanitation.
• Initiate procurements and make follow up with the line supervisor to ensure their execution.
• Contribute to grants management of all WASH projects through management of day to day project expenditures.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Hygienics; Project management; Reporting; People management; Project implementation; Project Financial ManagementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply