Job verified by Fuzu
Danish Refugee Council | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Wash Assistant (Water Supply)-Uganda
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Wash Assistant (Water Supply)-UgandaSocial Affairs Coordinator
Petroleum Authority of Uganda
Programme Operations Coordinator
Save the Children (Kenya)
Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
This position is based in Rhino camp and will be providing support to the implementation of DRC WASH Program. The job will require frequent travel within the project Area including constant support to neighboring camps such as Imvepi.
• Applications should be in English and include the following:
• A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
• Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
• Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email by 15th March 2018 5:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line.
The post refers to a trained DRC staff with vast knowledge of the contextual area of operations and responsible for the day to day running of water systems including but not limited to water quality, borehole repairs, as well as support to other water systems.
• Conduct water quality monitoring with staff, the district and advice accordingly on the quality on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Perform inspection of boreholes, shallow wells and water pumps and other water supply systems to ensure they are operational.
• Assist in major repairs and installation of new materials, supplies, machinery and/or equipment.
• Contribute to mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/ rehabilitated and protected water sources.
• Participate in preparing daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly/annual highlights and end of year reports.
Coordination and representation:
• Represent DRC at WASH Water Quality Monitoring exercises in the field.
• Ensure integration of WASH activities with other DRC sectors.
• Coordinate with WASH counterparts in Rhino camp in the implementation of common funded projects.
• Ensure good representation and reputation of WASH Sector at all levels.
• Actively participate in internal and external coordination meetings.
• Together with the WASH Officer, initiate development of project concepts and proposal documents in respect to Water Quality.
• Develop the project’s M&E tools for monitoring Water Supply.
Project implementation and reporting:
• Ensure water quality control in accordance to Sphere, UNHCR and the Uganda National standards.
• Prepare WASH daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports and timely submission to relevant authorities.
• Execute other duties as signed by the supervisor,
• Work with Community Based Hygiene Promoters and local leaders to ensure proper dissemination of information on water issues to beneficiaries for improvement.
• Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability.
• Develop and agree on own performance objectives, targets and ensure appraisals are conducted on the set targets as required.
• Conduct daily field visits to support other field staff on implementation of WASH.
• Support the WASH Officers to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups on a daily/weekly/ annual basis especially on water quality monitoring.
• Initiate procurements and make follow up with the line supervisor to ensure their execution.
• Contribute to grants management of all WASH projects through management of day to day project expenditures.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Reporting; People management; Project implementation; Project Financial Management; Environment lawRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)