Job verified by Fuzu
Action Against Hunger | Isiolo, Isiolo, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
WASH Program Officer-Isiolo
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to WASH Program Officer-IsioloSocial Affairs Coordinator
Petroleum Authority of Uganda
Wash Assistant (Hygiene and Sanitation)-Uganda
Danish Refugee Council
Programme Operations Coordinator
Save the Children (Kenya)
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Isiolo, Isiolo
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hungeris an international humanitarian organization that delivers programs in over 40 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. From crisis to sustainability, Action Against Hunger tackles the underlying causes of malnutrition and its effects. By integrating our programs with local and national systems, we further ensure that short-term interventions become long-term solutions. With Head Offices in France, the United Kingdom, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger.
Action Against Hunger has been present in Kenya since 2001 and is a transformative leader in nutrition security for improved quality of life among vulnerable communities. Action Against Hunger wants to contribute to the optimal functional performance of National, County, and Community systems through strategic partnerships for innovative nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific interventions to achieve its impact. Action Against Hunger is currently implementing activities in West Pokot, Mandera, Samburu, Isiolo, Trans Nzoia, Kakamega, Bungoma and Busia counties.
1: Support the implementation of environnemental sanitation program at community level.
· Assist in identification and training of communities where Action Against Hunger executes its WASH programs.
· Ensure that tools and equipment are regularly maintained and are in good working condition.
· Ensure program is meeting pre-set objectives
· Provide technical advice to the county team members as needed
· Stay updated on WASH program schedule and objectives
· Ensure all material and equipment orders to logistics are placed on time according to weekly plan.
· Review monthly stock reports to keep track of consumable material use and advise
2: Support Implementation of health and hygiene promotion and community mobilization activities
· In coordination with the PM and county teams, design and conduct all baseline assessments, KAP surveys, and follow-up assessments with concrete feedback findings.
· Ensure that all assessment data is kept organized in an accessible manner
· Make recommendations for software and hardware activity locations based on assessment results
· Planning and implementation of community mobilization activities (using; PHAST, CLTS, CHAST and any new methodology that may be introduced and appropriate.)
· Meeting with local leaders and community elders to communicate the details of overall Action Against Hunger program objectives and specific WASH program objectives
· Support data collection related to WASH monitoring and assessments programs
3: Provide support Supervision to Hygiene Promotion and community mobilization Staff
· Support the county teams Supervise hygiene promoters, community mobilization team and other hygiene and sanitation team
· To ensure that the program of activity plans for the WASH team are being implemented in line with Action Against Hunger procedures and guidelines.
· Communicate activity objectives among the county teams and ensure deadlines are met.
· Discuss problems and progresses in the field using proactive communication on a daily basis
· Assist in regular evaluations of team members
4: Reporting and Program Development
· Compile program reports on a timely basis in liaison with other program staff; Weekly SitRep, Monthly(statistical and narrative), Quarterly and annual donor reports
· To verify that all reports and data submitted to Action Against Hunger by CHVs are accurate and completed. Ensure all team members have the knowledge and resources for field based educational work
· In collaboration with the Program Manager prepare progress reports, quarterly donor reports, proposals, Program reports project procurement plan and contributes to survey reports.
· In collaboration with Program Manager and coordination team; contribute in defining technical strategy when required.
· Participates in the analysis and drafting of activity reports and evaluation of the project.
· In liaison with the program manager develop project proposal to address County specific gaps
· Support MOH focal persons on information, data management and reporting through the DHIS
· Participate in the planning, organizing and implementation of surveys, assessments and research studies including post distribution monitoring
5: Information exchange and cooperation with all Action Against Hunger interventions and external stakeholders
· Collaborate with all other Action Against Hunger departments and sectors to ensure the projects are integrated
· Support the County implement evaluation surveys
· Collaboration with other Partners, MOH (S/CHMT), INGOs, NGOs, CBOs and the UN working in this area to ensure smooth running of projects.
· Work in collaboration with the communities and local leaders at all stages of project implementation
· Document human interest stories and lessons learnt
6: Finance, Logistics
· Prepare cash forecast in liaison with the other program staff in line with the work plans
· Ensure the expenditure is as stipulated in the budget lines and strict adherence to the budget limits
· Propose anticipated budget realignment in discussion with program manager
· In liaison with the Program Manager Monitor budget spending in line with spending plan; ensure diligence in grants utilization including timely spending and value for money.
· Support the Program manager in monthly budget reviews and suggesting amendments to Finance
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Isiolo, IsioloArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Stakeholder communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Partnerships; Programme management; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
, Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)