Salary range: KSh40,000 - KSh60,000 | Contract type: Temporary
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
As the woodshop supervisor, you manage the fundi furniture makers in the LYNK shop, ensuring jobs get completed on schedule and to the correct specs and quality standards. You emphasize safety above all else, while maintaining efficiency and productivity. Leading by example, you train the shop workers to be the best woodworkers they can be and instill value and pride in their work. You manage the shop inventory and ensure tools are being used properly.
You have a strong passion for woodwork and are an expert furniture maker. You wish to pass on your knowledge and drive to the next generation of fundis. You are able to relate to and encourage the fundi woodworkers and be a role model for them. You have zero tolerance for the mistreatment of the shop and expect nothing but the best from the fundi woodworkers.
- Work closely under the furniture segment lead to understand the functions of the shop and the LYNK quality standards
- Take designs from rough sketches and translate in to cut lists and assembly schedules
- Build custom furniture to the specs provided and of the utmost quality
- Manage multiple different ongoing projects and ensure that resources are being effectively utilized to adhere to production schedules.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the shop fundis to appropriately delegate production tasks
- Oversee shop interns to ensure productivity and adherence to LYNK standards
- Act as safety officer to ensure shop fundis are actively working to mitigate hazard
- Instruct and train interns about woodworking best practices
- Diffuse any issues between fundi woodworkers and create a positive work environment
- Ensure interns are using the Tool and Hardware Sign Out and Off-Site Tool Sign Out sheet and review at EOD that all checked out tools were returned and in good condition
- Ensure tools are being used properly and treated with respect
- Do a weekly inventory check to ensure tools and hardware are present, in good condition, and stocked for the following week
- Create a weekly report of shop inventory needs to avoid supply roadblocks during production
- Report any safety or recurring quality mishaps to the furniture segment lead immediately
- Regularly update the furniture segment lead with production schedules and propose necessary actions to stay on track
: Vocational schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: basic)
Salary range: KSh40,000 - KSh60,000
Salary is negotiable and based on experience.