Closing: Sep 28, 2022This position has expired
Published: Aug 31, 2022 (31 days ago)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Budget formulation, implementation and tracking ensuring the company gets value for money in every transaction and relationship. Develop financial and operational controls in the company that use the budgets to monitor financial control.
- Ensure implementation of the Strategic Plan with review matrix
- Tax payment, returns and all statutory remittances
- Debt management and collection using the relevant systems
- Develop efficient and effective policies, procedures, processes and process maps to give customers a positive experience, minimize fraud and eliminate wastage. Challenge and review any nuisance processes while maintaining controls.
- Develop a robust Enterprise Risk Management and audit process that ensure adherence to the policies, procedures, and processes of the company and gives the company green internal and external audits (Risk and Financial controls).
- Develop a Good Corporate Governance environment that ensures that the company manages conflict of interest in procurement and all dealings with stakeholders.
- Ensure the safety of all company assets e.g. title deeds, land, client’s sales agreements, payments record etc.
- Ensure the accurate processing of all transactions.
- Develop a process to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and good practice.
- Procurement – put in place policies and procedures to ensure that the company procures all supplies in the most effective way.
- Leverage technology to improve efficiency. Systems uptime to be at 99.5% for all core systems affecting customers.
- Reconciliation of all business accounts on a weekly basis.
- Put in place a culture of superior / world-class customer experience to keep the company ahead of the industry. Benchmarking with the industry.
- Uphold the Company reputation by ensuring that all transactions are above board
- Put in place a CSR/ Citizenship policy that encourages staff to support community projects, for example, education, water and sanitation, public health, environmental conservation, financial literacy among others.
- Have stakeholder engagements to review the business performance
- Ensure a good working relationship with the regulator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years’ work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures,
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus