We are looking to hire Investment staff to our team. The candidates should have prior investment, corporate finance or consulting experience, and must demonstrate drive, curiosity and willingness to learn, a natural desire to understand business operations and market fundamentals, strong networking skills and initiative. Candidates are also expected to travel extensively for due diligence or business development.
The current position is for an Associate Investment Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya with prior experience in fintec, VC or private equity investing.
• Master's degree in finance, economics or other related areas. Candidates with MBA, CPA, or CFA would have an advantage.
• Minimum 5 years experience in investment banking, consulting or PE/VC, or Business Development with Fintech company.
• Good market knowledge and familiarity with the fintech and PE/VC players in Africa.
• Proven analytical, financial analysis, equity valuation, and financial modeling skills to analyze and form conclusions on financial information or projects.
• Strong interest in developing markets, Fintech and emerging technology areas.
• Native familiarity with financial software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, research and financial databases like Bloomberg, etc.).
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Fluency in spoken and written English; other languages (Spanish, French, Chinese) would be a major plus.
• Participate in all aspects of IFC’s deal approval process, including business development, due diligence and portfolio management.
• As part of a transaction team, lead commercial due diligence, financial analysis, and preparation of Investment Review meeting books and materials, mentor and support more junior staff working within the team.
• Work with senior global and regional staff to help identify attractive investment opportunities and a strong pipeline of potential high quality investments globally and across selected EM through mapping, desk research, and investment pipeline management.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, and industry players to to develop specific investment opportunities.
• Conduct deep analysis and due diliegence in business operations and understand business models.
• Share knowledge of Fintech with the FIG regional teams.
• Assist in other project or strategy related activities, as the need may arise.
• Help design and maintain proper KPIs for portfolio companies or pipeline opportunity.