The Chief Fundraising & Partnerships Officer is responsible for building and maintaining a portfolio of
qualified bilateral, multi-lateral donors and private/corporate donors, running the stewardship (reportingand relationship management) for existing awards and identifying and crafting proposals for newopportunities. The individual understands and applies the principles of developing donor strategiesfollowing relationship management protocols and will be responsible for direct asks for NRT annualbudget needs inclusive of NRT Programs and Conservancy funding needs. The individual will also lead andbe responsible for staff in the department.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Management, Business Administration, Project
Management or other relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya.
▪ Master’s degree in Business Administration, MSC or any other relevant area.
▪ Possession of any relevant professional course and membership to a Professional Body will be
an added advantage
▪ At least 10 years relevant experience 5 of which should be at senior Management level.
▪ Experience working with multiple different stakeholders on complex long-term projects.
▪ Experience in identifying need for external thought leadership and guidance; outlining
approaches; and aligning stakeholders.
▪ Prior experience of developing and maintaining a strong network with senior institutional and
Technical & Behavioral competences:
▪ Organizational and presentation skills.
▪ Cultivate innovation.
▪ Drive results.
▪ Strategic mindset.
▪ Action oriented.
▪ Drive Vision & Purpose.
▪ Builds effective teams.
▪ Technology savvy.
▪ Extrovert and sales-oriented personality.
▪ Oversee diversification of current donor base and stewardship of existing donors through
increased grants capacity & tools for NRT & CCYs.
▪ Oversee the management of a portfolio of bilateral, multi-lateral donors & private/corporate
donors for NRT & CCYs.
▪ Oversee development of increased funding support from County & National Government for
NRT & CCYs.
▪ Oversee support of CCYs to develop own capacities for fundraising by providing guidelines,
frameworks & technical support.
▪ Oversee compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices, contractual &
external requirements (donor/legal/IRS) as well as NRT policies and procedures.
▪ Oversee the structuring & capitalization of the NRT Conservation Trust Fund.
▪ Grow non-monetary partnership base through strong relationship management, on all levels of
Communications & external engagement:
▪ Oversee the coordination of effective communications resource sharing with finance &
operations as well as programs departments.
▪ Oversee the provision of guidelines for external communications to all departments and support
of external engagement (PR, comms).
▪ Oversee and attend leadership engagement & stakeholder convening with donors, government
▪ Oversee that the communication material support the donor acquisition agenda.
▪ Oversee the maintenance and updating of a strategic annual communications schedule.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning:
▪ Oversee the consolidation of ME&L reports from all projects to strategically highlight key
outcomes for donors/partners incl. annual lessons updates case studies, impact assessment &