• Required: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Gender, Development Studies, Public Health, African Studies, BA’s program in the areas of international development, gender studies, and other relevant disciplines.
• Volunteer, research, and/or professional work experience in at least one of the following areas: gender equality including- feminist movements, youth justice, antiracism, diversity, equity & inclusion
• Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment is desirable.
• Experience conducting research, writing, and editing reports, creating presentations, and basic statistics knowledge.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively across and within a large, complex non-profit organization, both laterally and vertically, and diplomatically communicate with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and efficiently organize the workflow of a fast-paced team.
• Proven attention to details: the ability to track and process multiple details simultaneously and accurately.
• Solid writing and editing skills: the ability to draft and edit professional documents and correspondence in French.
• Strong visual skills: the ability to assist with preparation of charts and graphs in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and independently.
• Trustworthy with an ability in maintaining confidential information.
• Strong computer skills: ability to work effectively and accurately with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and to adapt to new applications.
Language Skills: English language proficiency and native French speaking required. Swahili as an added benefit.
• Assist in preparation and analysis of briefing notes and communication materials.
• Calendar management, including scheduling and organizing meetings/workshops when required.
• Contribute to designing and implementation of initiatives, projects, or program.
• Assist in preparation of the relevant communications materials (for example<-Country GEDI Factsheets,
• Maintain tracking system of activities of GEDI champions, and Employee Resource Groups such as Women at Work ([email protected]) groups across the region and contribute to their visibility.
• Support the updating and adaptation of training and orientation material to the regional context.
• Provide administrative support on an as needed basis
• Support other activities as requested.